Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading indigenous non-profit organisations in Nigeria committed improving the quality of life of underserved and vulnerable communities by promoting access to quality health care and harnessing community capacities for sustainable development. We implement programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc.
We are a national, non-governmental organisation established in 1989 and registered in 1991, with a headquarter in Ibadan and three other offices in Abuja, Kaduna and Katsina respectively. Our mission is to initiate, promote and implement in partnership with other organisations, developmental, HIV & AIDS, SRH and family planning program and interventions for young people and adult through capacity building, technical assistance, operations research, and evaluation to improve the quality of life in Nigeria and elsewhere in Africa.
Our programmes focus on mobilising people for behavioural and attitudinal changes that promote best sexual and reproductive health practices in order to reduce diseases burden, particularly STIs, HIV/AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis which are currently devastating families and communities in Nigeria and globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Zonal Officer – TB
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Zonal Officer – TB is a key position reporting to the Project Coordinator – TB and has the responsibility to support programmatic activities of CBOs in assigned states. We seek for a Zonal Officer – TB in the organization for Global Fund Community TB grant.
- Oversee the activities of the CSOs working within the communities to increase awareness and TB case detection.
- Tracking the activities of the state Adhoc staff.
- Review CBO report & conduct regular visits to CSOs to monitor progress.
- Liaise with community stakeholders & trained TB workers involved in active case search and community MDR-TB management
- Document lessons learnt from community TB activities for enhancement and /or re-strategizing of future programs
- Produce monthly, quarterly & annual reports.
- Participate in the development of national documents and guidelines.
- Review reports of CBOs and provide feedback.
- Attend Zonal Review meetings.
- Collate data generated by the CSOs for decision making & future project directives.
- Work with the State TB program and LGA TB Supervisors, to facilitate the implementation of high quality Program for community TB care activities.
- Assists in the formulation of recommendation for improving implementation performance, achievement of targets and the design of policies and programmes.
- Perform any other tasks as may be directed by the TB Coordinator.
- MBBS or a Degree in Social Science and a Master’s Degree in Public Health or related field with significant previous working experience on Global Fund community implementation component.
- Also has minimum of 6 years’ experience in the TB epidemiology, active case finding and MDR-TB management in communities with excellent skills in Microsoft office including Word, Excel and Power point.
- Ability and willingness to travel widely in Nigeria and demonstrated experience in community based program implementation.
- We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the online form below and send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MS Word document), explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected]
- Please indicate the title of position applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
Application Deadline 25th August, 2021.