KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Nigeria is a non-profit public health organization firmly equipped with technical and administrative capacity in providing technical TB and TB/HIV support services, strengthening TB service delivery, and supporting health system strengthening and research in Nigeria. Our programs are designed to advance the WHO Global End TB strategy of creating a world free of TB. We employ a systems approach, using data-driven quality improvement methods to identify and address gaps in TB diagnostic and treatment services. Our work to end TB focuses on collaborative planning, design, and implementation, engaging the private sector, strengthening service delivery platforms, and community structures, and improving the quality of services.
KNCV since 2000 has implemented successive 5-year circles of USAID-funded flagship TB projects and is presently implementing USAID TB LON 1 & 2 projects across 14 states in Nigeria. Through President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief funding (PEPFAR), KNCV Nigeria/ TB CARE I project provided and expanded TB/HIV services across 35 of 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Zonal Coordinator
Vacancy Number: KN078
Locations: Benue, Nasarawa and Plateau (Coordinating LGAs in Benue, Nasarawa, and Plateau State)
The USAID Funded COVID-19 Vaccination Acceleration Project (1 Year)
- This project seeks to promote COVID-19 vaccine access, acceptability, and uptake, while strengthening adverse drug reaction feedback and timely response, by leveraging on the ongoing USAID-supported TB LON 1 & 2 project structures.
- This project has the primary objective of accelerating widespread and equitable access to and delivery of safe and effective COVID-19 vaccination to unvaccinated individuals at the community and facility level in the eleven selected USAID TB LON supported states (Anambra, Bauchi, Taraba, Cross River, Kano, Imo, Kaduna, Katsina, Nasarawa, Plateau & Benue) in Nigeria, by supporting the NPHCDA’s SCALES Strategy.
Position in the Organization
- The Zonal Coordinators will support and ensure widespread and equitable access to and delivery of safe and effective COVID-19 vaccinations to unvaccinated individuals at the community and facility level; support integration of services at supported service-delivery points, by supporting the PHCDA’s SCALES strategy within a given LGA.
- Hierarchically, the Zonal Coordinator reports to the State Coordinator
- Support and build the capacity of community health extension workers engaged as vaccinators as well as staff of the PHCDA and Health units at the LGA and assigned per cluster of LGA wards closely work with the TB program in community health outreach programs; conduct house-to-house visits to offer vaccination while also screening for TB and collecting sputum samples for TB diagnosis.
- Capacity-building of community healthcare workers on RCCE to integrate COVID risk communication and vaccine promotion messages during their community-based interventions.
- Distribute relevant and culturally acceptable IEC materials and communication tools for schools within the communities, health facilities, religious centers, etc. Enlighten and mobilize groups such as market women, youth groups, old student groups, and secondary school students on the importance of taking the COVID-19 vaccines
- Distribute recording and reporting tools for daily monitoring of activities, and adverse events following immunization (AEFI) and provide guidance at LGA immunization command centers
- Conduct joint monthly supervision, monitoring and evaluation with the TB program and other key stakeholders.
- Train network of already trusted formal and informal TB community influencers/structures such as Patent Medicine Vendors, community pharmacists, traditional healers, and community extension health workers on interpersonal skills to address vaccine hesitancy, and COVID-19 misconceptions, and promote vaccination.
- Ensure one-stop shop access through integrated health services with COVID-19 vaccination and other reasonable medical concerns and include access to portable digital X-ray machine (DLB) and Truenat or TB Lamp device, so that all the people who come out for TB screening will also access COVID-19 vaccines as well as other health screening services (providing routine drugs and screening for chronic illness (Hypertension and Diabetes)
- Any other duties as assigned.
Who Are We Looking For?
- Minimum of a Degree in Health Sciences. Additional advantage includes a Master’s degree in Public health or other relevant Public Health disciplines.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Possess strong management, and interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
- At least 3 years experience working with: HIV & TB or health prevention programs at various levels
- Experience with USAID or UN projects or any development partner is an advantage.
Behavioral competencies and Skills:
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory skills.
- Competent with operational plan development, implementation, and evaluation of results.
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Proven working knowledge and fluency in written and oral English required.
- Fluent oral and strong analytical, written English communications skills are required
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work.
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible, and engaging manner.
What Do We Offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) short-term contract with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance.
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated.
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues.
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, including their LGA in a Motivation Letter and 3 Professional References to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 15th December, 2022.
- The 3 professional references must be indicated on your CV.
- For more information, please contact us via: +234 (0)9030349255