Preston Associates for International Development (PAID), a Nigerian based organization, provides evidence for improved development outcomes through research and specialized MEL support services. We work with international and domestic non-governmental organizations, national and state level government agencies/parastatals as well as bilateral and multilateral organizations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Youth Development Specialist
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- To support quarterly impact monitoring, preparation of annual impact reports, conduct related baseline work and specialized surveys.
- Will also collaboratively contribute to the co-creation of youth narratives, special reviews, internal rapid assessments, and evaluations as needed.
Knowledge of Context
All applicants should:
- Be resident in Nigeria
- Have the linguistic capacity to work in English and local languages.
- Have experience working with youth and marginalized populations, including methodological insights into how to meaningfully engage young women and men and other marginalized communities in youth-focused developmental efforts.
- Understand the challenges of youth unemployment in Nigeria, formal and informal settings in Nigeria, and in particular, a deeper understanding of the dynamics of dignified and fulfilling work for young people, their families, communities and the ecosystems.
Management and Coordination of Youth Development Work
Applicants will be expected to:
- Support the preparation of relevant documentation for programme review and reporting;
- Participate in monitoring, evaluation and learning activities and determine required action/interventions for all youth development programming to achieve results;
- Actively monitor youth development programmes through field visits, surveys;
- Support the development of relevant briefs and other strategic programme materials for management use, information and/or dissemination;
- Have experience in networking and partnership building;
- Have experience in supporting programs, portfolios and developmental efforts to measure and generate impact results including the use of quantitative data and qualitative narratives.
- Have experience in supporting data aggregation, findings and reporting at national level.
- Work with the MEL plan to ensure linkage to reporting requirements where possible, and to build an evidence-base for gender programming interventions.
- Have substantial experience in youth development programmes across sectors, private sector and not-for profit players;
- Coordinate planning and implementation of spotlight initiative programmes focusing on youth development;
- Facilitate the process of planning, provision of input and operational support on the integration of frameworks that promotes youth development and participation and ensures that crosscutting issues such as gender, disabilities and the rights of minority and marginalized groups are considered and integrated in programme implementation;
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience
- A First University Degree in Anthropology, Social Sciences, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Education, or another Human Development related field
- An advanced university degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Experience working for an international or inter-governmental organization
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and use good judgment.
- Strong oral and written English skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and current CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Female applicants are encouraged to apply
- This position’s description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required.
- Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
- The selection exercise will be on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance..
Application Deadline: 20th August, 2021.