The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Welcome Assistant
Location: Yola, Plateau
- Under the direct supervision of Finance and Administration Manager, the welcome Assistant ensures that welcome activities are organized smoothly including coordination of pick up/drop off of ICRC staff and guests, travel arrangements, accommodation and any related events activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- In charge of the welcome Department in the Sub Delegation
- Participates in organizing pick up/drop off with other ICRC offices and accommodation (Hotels and Residences) for staff and guests.
- Interacts with relevant parties (Welcome ABJ, mobile staff, resident staff) regarding certificates, visas, permits, registration when it’s needed, etc.
- Provides supports or facilitates the personal purchases of the mobile staff.
- Supports the Admin and IM team during holiday and other absences.
- Handles mobile phone request, keep stock, and disburse recharge cards for staff.
- Maintain the up-to-date list of all satellite phones, their accessories and their SIM Cards.
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary.
- Ensures that delegation ID card get to new mobiles on mission and new staff recruited.
- Organizes welcome files, business cards, briefing programmes, and tour of the sub-Delegation for new arrivals.
- Organizes welcome side of events/seminars/meetings, coordinating with parties concerned.
- Handles the JOS Welcome Service Task Management (STM) independently.
- Organizes communication flow between ICRC Offices, Sub Delegations/Delegation regarding staff travel.
- Keeps all appropriate databases up to date on staff members, missions, and other travel, documents validity, residences, and any other relevant information (Telephone numbers, airlines etc).
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration or a relevant field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role (INGO, Embassy etc)
Desired profile and Skills:
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Capacity to work within a team; good interpersonal skills, and ability to deal with people respectfully.
- Computer literacy; proficient in Microsoft Office software skills (outlook, Excel Power Point, Word).
- Good analytical skills, detail-orientation, and precision
- Very well organized, with good planning abilities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae, Application Letter and NYSC Certificate to: [email protected] using “ABJ202200338 Welcome Assistant JOS” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 14th November, 2022 – 16:30 hours.
- Clearly indicate “ABJ202200338 Welcome Assistant JOS” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be considered)
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the following format:
- Qualification(s) – Current location – Languages you speak – Years of relevant experience
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
- (The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment)
- We welcome applications from all qualified candidates; Female & People Living with Disability applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ICRC will not request any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process