Olam International Limited (“Olam”) and Sanyo Foods Co. Ltd of Japan (“Sanyo Foods”) today announced that they have agreed to set up a joint venture company (“JV”) in Nigeria to manufacture and distribute instant noodles in Nigeria and across sub-Saharan Africa.
Sanyo Foods will invest US$20 million in cash, for a 25.5% equity interest through issue of new shares by the JV that will house Olam’s instant noodles assets and business in Nigeria. Olam will hold the balance majority ownership of 74.5% in the JV with management control. The consideration has been arrived between both parties on a willing-buyer willing-seller basis. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions.
Founded in 1953, Sanyo Foods is a global leader and Japan’s third largest player in the instant noodles business. It has established a leadership presence in China, Vietnam, Russia and North America through strategic partnerships. In the past, Sanyo Foods has also acquired equity stakes in Tingyi Holdings in 1999 and King Lion of Russia in 2011 to catalyse the growth of these companies in their respective home markets. Tingyi Holdings is currently the market leader in China with 24 production facilities across the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Pack, stock, organize and rearrange products in warehouse.
- Keep neat and clean warehouse premises.
- Manage and handle shipping, loading and unloading of products.
- Operate forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Handle delicate and sensitive products with utmost care.
- Drive, vans, trucks, passenger cars handling warehouse materials.
- Handle and operate necessary tools and accessories in maintaining and managing a warehouse.
- Integrate best practices in handling warehouse materials.
- Organize and maintain records of inventories up to date.
- Monitor and manage inventory control.
- Any other duties specify by the Line Managerfrom time to time.
- Interested candidates should possess an OND qualification
- 2 – 4 years of work experience.
- Candidates must possess the requisite years of experience from a manufacturing or Noodles production company.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Warehouse Assistant” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Applications that do not meet the advertised criteria will be discarded
Application Deadline 18th August, 2021.