FINPACT Consulting is a prestigious consulting firm registered in 2011 by the Corporate Affairs Commission in Abuja to carry on the business of Accounting Audit Tax Advisory Finance and Investment Advisory, Business Management Advisory and Corporate Training Services. The firm is an indigenous firm established by young and vibrant professionals with vast experience in the finance and business management. Finpact consulting is a firm devoted to excellence in providing professional services. We assist our clients to achieve their goals and objectives, solve encountered problems and help them grow and succeed significantly through the unique and specific business practices in the operating industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: VSLA Assistant
Locations: Adamawa, Borno and Yobe
Employment Type: Full-time
- The VSLA Assistant’s role contributes to Finpact’s program implementation, supporting the effective implementation of Livelihood programs.
- The VSLA Assistant is responsible for the formation of income-generating and VSLA groups, training, mentoring, and monitoring of these groups in the different communities.
- Facilitate beneficiary identification in consultation with communities and local leaders using set criteria.
- Conduct awareness /sensitization on VSLA and IGA (Income Generating Activities) among communities and local leaders.
- Provide mentorship for the groups as required.
- Work closely with community structures to follow up on implementation of VSLA Groups related activities and support in the implementation of capacity building training for the VSLA Groups target beneficiaries at the LGA level.
- Represent Finpact in LGA-level coordination meetings and conferences as necessary when requested
- Write high-quality project activity reports and submit them to the Project Manager as required.
- Be the focal point for all VSLA activities within the implementing location.
- Conduct regular monitoring, collect relevant data for reporting the project progress and provide updates on VSLA activities to the Project Manager.
- Oversee the implementation of the VSLA activities by coordinating with staff on the field and all stakeholders
- Follow up on the day-to-day progress of VSLA and make recommendations for improving the project according to activity results
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Degree in FSL related studies like Agriculture / Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, Development Studies, Economics, or a closely related field.
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience in implementing Food Security and Livelihoods interventions (i.e., cash-based transfer, IGA/VSLA, agriculture/livelihoods)
- Excellent reporting and analytical skills with strong attention to details.
- Awareness of security matters and protocols
- Above average knowledge of Microsoft Office suites.
- Fluent in English, Hausa and other local languages of the duty station.
- Strong group facilitation and training skills
- Competent and literate in English, verbal and written, with a sound knowledge of technical expressions.
- Strong initiative, flexible and able to plan and implement work plan with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 15th December, 2022.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- Finpact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
- Finpact has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of beneficiaries. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility, and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, that enshrines principles of PSEA, at all times (both during work hours and outside work hours). Familiarization with, and adherence to, the Code of Conduct is an essential requirement for all staff, in addition to related mandatory training.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply