The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Visiting Professor of Entrepreneurship, School of Business and Entrepreneurship (SBE)
Location: Yola, Adamawa
About the Role
- The School of Business and Entrepreneurship of the American University of Nigeria seeks to appoint an inspirational researcher, teacher, and educational leader to a Visiting Professorship of Entrepreneurship for one year in the first instance.
- With a Degree plus PhD, you will have experience developing networks in academia, business, and local government.
- You will have a record of research and/or consultancy income generation.
- You will also have successful teaching experience at the Higher Education level in Entrepreneurship and other relevant subject areas and excellent written and oral communication skills, which are essential for this role.
- The position is generously sponsored in memory of Mary Ajoke Taiwo.
- You will be an inspirational researcher, teacher, and educational leader in Social and Sustainable Entrepreneurship, who can work with academic and professional colleagues to develop opportunities for income generation through research, knowledge exchange, consultancy, and short courses.
- Additionally, you will contribute to teaching and supervision on undergraduate and postgraduate courses, in line with your subject expertise, including our growing PhD doctorate program.
- Furthermore, the post offers the opportunity to contribute to the development of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Hub together with AUN’s Atiku Institute.
- With a Degree plus Ph.D in Entrepreneurship or a relevant subject, you will be able to demonstrate a strong track record of publications in the subject area at the national and international level and a commitment to cross-disciplinary learning and research-based teaching.
- We are looking for someone with a keen interest in new methods of pedagogical engagement suited to our diverse cohorts of students.
- In addition, you will have experience in developing networks in academia, business, and local government and expertise in leading initiatives in student entrepreneurship and enterprise.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Applications should include:
- A focused CV to include evidence of teaching quality (for example, recent evaluations and teaching awards or other recognition) and external engagement and student entrepreneurship experience,
- A brief (one page) outline of your research activities and plans for the next three years.
Application Deadline 1st June, 2022.
- As part of the selection process, you may be asked to present to the Business and Entrepreneurship members on your teaching and research or teaching and scholarship.
- AUN is an equal-opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion, or marital status.