The Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (NITP), is Nigeria’s leading planning body for sustainable and inclusive planning. We exist to advance the science and art of planning for the benefit of the public.
Applications are currently invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Executive Secretary
The successful candidate shall be expected to perform the following functions:
- Serving as the Secretary of Management Committee of the Institute, and
- Undertaking any other duties that may be assigned to him/her from time to time by the Management of the Institute, and as directed by the National President or National Secretary as the case may be.
- Handling Secretariat duties on behalf of the National Secretary;
- Conducting general supervision of all secretariat work of the Institute including staff supervision;
- Providing the secretariat needs and records for the National Executive Committee of the Institute;
- Serving as member and providing secretariat needs of the National Council of the Institute;
Candidates for this position must possess the following requirements:
- Shall be a registered Town planner;
- Possession of additional certificate(s) in Administration and Management related disciplines and relevant on-the-job experience will be an added advantage;
- Possession of a higher degree will be an added advantage;
- Professional experience of not less than 5 (five) years; and
- Proficiency in ICT application.
Conditions of Engagement
- The position is a tenured term of four (4) years, renewable for another term of four (4) years upon satisfactory performance of duties as determined by the Management Committee of the Institute.
- The Executive Secretary shall be paid a consolidated salary per annum according to the salary scale of the Nigerian Institute of Town Planners, This package includes basic salary and allowances for housing, transport, furniture, meal subsidy and annual leave.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae, Photocopies of all certificates as proof of qualifications obtained in a sealed envelope to:
Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (NITP),
NITP – Bawa Bwari House,
Plot 2047 Michael Okpara Way,
Wuse Zone 5,
P.M.B. 7012, Garki,
Application Deadline 14th August, 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for interview. The Institute is not obliged to invite all candidates for interview.