Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM terminals, the world is your workplace.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MHC Engineer (STA)
We are looking for
- Requires at least a degree in Mechanical, Electrical engineering. Also must have additional training in both electrical and mechanical fields in any heavy industry.
- Requires at least eight to ten years of general supervisory experience in Crane maintenance section in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants. Must have an additional five years of progressively more responsible quay crane maintenance and repair experience, including specific knowledge of electrical, electronic and mechanical and related subjects.
- Requires specific technical knowledge of maintenance and repair of quay cranes, RTGs, RMGs, mobile cranes, gantry cranes & spreaders.
- Must be able to interpret engineering drawings, layouts, and specifications.
- Wide range knowledge in PLC and drive control system and over all container terminal cranes control and mechanical system.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities.
- Must be customer service oriented, sensitive to the needs of the departments and others.
- Requires intermediate to advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills & knowledge of the local language.
- Requires exceptional time management, due to fast-moving, demanding work environment.
- A strong drive for continuous improvement.
- An ability to mentor and coach others.
- Ensures that the maintenance and or remedial works of cranes are maintained in a cost-effective manner, with consideration given to quality and longer duration of maintenance free equipment.
- Supervises the maintenance and repair of all of the quay cranes, RTGs, RMGs & mobile cranes and supporting equipment (electrical, electronic and mechanical).
- Reviews and recommends updates to maintenance services policies and procedures to ensure quality, reliability, and efficiencies.
- Ensure that the equipment is maintained in a safe and reliable working condition in accordance with planned preventive maintenance programme and to identify and rectify repetitive problems.
- Oversees the administrative requirements of the crane section, including warranty obligations, inspection records, manual updates, equipment defect reports, maintenance services, policies, procedures, and practices.
- APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
- Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stakeholders.
Deadline: 6th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online