Job Title: Construction General Manager
- Our client is looking for an experienced Construction General Manager to join their expanding team.
Overview of Role
- The General Manager will be primarily responsible for planning, developing, and directing all commercial activities through defining the strategic objectives and cascading these to the business plans and ensuring flawless execution to provide maximum profit and return on the invested capital
- He/she will be expected to represent the local market strategies and points of view to Management to enrich the company’s strategies and plans.
- As an experienced construction business executive, the incumbent will also embody the local market perspective and actively participate in helping to shape the strategic direction of the projects under direct control, with full profit & loss responsibility.
Business Strategy / Financial Management:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for the development of the project.
- Take active part in Business Development and Selling efforts; build new customer relationships.
- Plan and manage the operation’s team development and resource allocation.
- Conceptualize and lead operations
- Manage P&L and balance sheet performance. Drive overall profitability and build sources of growth and value creation in line with pre-set targets.
- Develop and operationalize strategies, long-range plans, annual operating plans, annual budgets, while measuring progress on an ongoing basis.
- Undertake project management activities and supervise the teams.
Operational Excellence/ Team Management:
- Be responsible for capital investment planning and control and implement business excellence.
- Ensure regular communication of business performance against objectives.
- Develop strong relationships and communication links with key stakeholders such as employee representatives, local community leaders, sector opinion leaders.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring business compliance with company corporate initiatives and guidelines, including environmental, health and safety and accounting procedures.
- Be responsible to secure effective management of the projects.
- Act as a navigator and a visionary to build and lead a dynamic and innovative team.
- Attract and develop talent pool and organization efficiency.
- Promote a friendly climate, good morale and cooperation.
- Create strong team spirit.
- Protect and promote corporate reputation.
- Ensure business processes, tools, and internal controls to support operations.
- Run training programs for all functions.
- Strategic Management skills (Planning, Financial, Analysis, Business development) are required
- Strong team-building and managerial skills
- Good computer skills
- Business-oriented mindset. Strong judgment and strategic thinking. Mental agility with ability to focus on key issues quickly and incisively
- Ability in project management and in developing project plans, coordinate projects, communicate changes and progress, complete projects in time and budget, manage project team activities
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering/Construction Management or related field
- 3 – 6 years’ experience
- Experience in a GM role
- Demonstrated success in project management and team execution
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulation would be a plus
- Civil experience managing projects
- Excellent communications skills in English
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th November, 2018.