Family Homes Funds – We are the largest affordable housing focused fund in Sub-Saharan Africa. We are leveraging our significant capital (in excess of N1trn by 2023) to facilitate access to affordable housing for millions of Nigerians on the low to medium income bracket.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer
Purpose of the Role and Accountability
- The Family Homes Funds Limited invests significant amounts of capital in affordable housing projects through public and private sector developers. Under the supervision of the Head of Project management, the postholder will ensure that delivery risk associated with construction projects are effectively managed.
- Specifically, the postholder will assist the Head of Project management in achieving agreed cost, time and quality targets on each project.
- The Postholder will report directly to the Head of Project Management;
- The Postholder will be working alongside with small team of project officers and independent consultants project mangers.
Strategy and Policy:
- Assist the Head of Project Management in the development and updating of the Funds Design, Engineering and Technical Standards to provide guidance to prospective partners
- Assist the Head of Project Management in the development and updating of the Company’s Target Cost Indicator and Pricing Framework;
- Assist the Head of Project Management in the development and updating of appropriate Monitoring Tools and Internal Processes and Procedure to ensure that the Company is able to adequately monitor the progress of construction projects funded by it;
- Assist the Head of Project Management in Performance Management and Periodic Review of Project Managers
- Technical Evaluation Quality Management
- Coordinate and review all technical submissions by prospective partners.
- Alongside working with independent professional consultants, The postholder Review Project Design Proposals and Specifications (architecture, civil, structural, electrical etc) submitted by prospective partners;
- Ensure that project submissions are in compliance with the Company’s requirements and in all cases are adequate to ensure adequate assessment of project risk;
- Carry out Site Assessment
- Review the Bill of Quantities ensuring that measurements are in line with the design proposals and are accurate and that rates reflect market levels;
- Provide written independent opinion is respect of:
- The Location
- The Technical Quality of the Proposal
- Project Cost in relation to market benchmark.
- Development Phase Quality Control
- Coordinate and relate all submissions from project managers.
- Receive and Review Monthly Progress Report from Project Managers escalating any issues of material concern,
- Review requests for Cost Variations, change of specifications etc
- Submit Monthly Summary Technical Reports including the status of each project;
- Review Payment Requests
- Periodically carry out joint site inspections with the Project Manager
- Periodically attend Site Meetings
- Carry out Review Meetings/Performance Management Meeting with Project Managers as necessary;
- Review and Oversee the Defects Liability Period
- Any other task assigns to the postholder by the Head of Project Management.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Architecture, Quantity Survey, Engineering, Building Economics in Business Management, Finance or Projects Management will be an added advantage;
- At least 5 years-experience in construction, financing, or supervision of real estate projects;
- A Professional qualification in Project management will be an added advantage;
- Should have skills and knowledge in financial analysis, project appraisal, project management, project cash flows, risk analysis and hedging techniques;
- Should be solutions oriented with strong communication, analytical, decision making, problem solving and negotiation skills;
- Strong leadership capabilities and ability to command respect of partners and project teams will be an asset;
- Proficiency in information technology including knowledge of project management packages;
- Being able to work in both French and English will be also an added advantage.
- Good written and verbal communication skill
- Basic financial understanding and operations
- Adaptive at project and change management
- High-level project organization skill
- Good interpersonal relationship skill
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or similar is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter illustrating their suitability against the above listed qualifications and a detailed Curriculum Vitae including nationality, date of birth, names and addresses of three referees to: [email protected] Applicants should indicate the position applied for as the subject line of their email submissions.
Note: Only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted
Application Deadline: 25th September, 2019.