Job Title: General Manager – Transport
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- This role will be responsible for helping to accelerate growth and strengthening stakeholder engagement within Nigeria for one of the Ventures of the firm through strategic partnerships across industries to help build competitive moats for the business
The day-to-day activities:
- Recruit, train and manage driver acquisition team to achieve the company sales target and market share.
- Have a wide business relationship with customers and understand well about market Scope.
- Report back to Management on any areas of concern and/or opportunity.
- Ensure driver acquisition department achieve sales targets of month, quarter and year.
- Ensure the quality of drivers recruited.
- Ensure drivers maintain high productivity and follow up with driver payment schedule.
- Maintain cost control in line with agreed objectives and plan.
- Create an environment where the department and its employees develop and excel.
- Promote the company brand name to the market.
- Actively set out to achieve and exceed objectives for market penetration.
- Maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction and the lowest rate of customer defection.
- Leadership skills: Good interpersonal and, reporting skills.
- Ensure that all employees are committed to the principles and culture of the firm
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree and a minimum of 4 + years’ experience as the same position.
- Previous experience in Transportation establish or similar Company
- Start-up mindset and a can-do attitude, willing to do out-of-scope works
- Fluency in both spoken and written English.
- Fluency in all commonly used office software and ultimately familiar with computer.
- High transparency and strong anti-corruption attitude.
- Skills: leadership skills, excellent communication and report writing skills, good in operation management and problem-solving skills, critical and analysis;
- Additional academic qualifications would be an added advantage.
- Self – motivation and work well with minimal or without supervision.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, and overtime to meet deadlines.
Deadline: 21st October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] use the position as the subject title.
Note: This is a management job and will not be incentive driven.