Human Capital Partners (HCP) – Our client is a reputable Quick Services Restaurant Chain. As part of on-going initiatives to strengthen its operations and enhance its capacity to achieve its goals, they seek to recruit a dynamic, passionate and resourceful professional to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Manager
The role holder will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the treasury affairs of the business and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Assisting and providing adequate support with respect to fund raise, custody of funds, utilization of funds and safety of cash assets.
- Prepare quarterly and yearly reports to regulatory bodies i.e. SEC on fund utilization (when necessary and where applicable).
- Perform and document periodic risk assessment for treasury unit and work with Internal Control on updating risk register.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place e.g Records of cheque signatories, Signing limits, Petty cash/ float, Salary payments, Pensions, PAYE and other regulatory payments (Vendor payments, Capital expenditures).
- Ensure timely remittance of all statutory deductions to the relevant bodies (e.g. pension and taxes) and manage the interface between the Organisation and its external auditors.
- Ensure that all accounting records are in compliance with the approved policies and accounting standards.
- Supervise all incoming and outgoing banking transactions on behalf of the company.
- Recommend and implement necessary controls and policies to safeguard cash assets of the business (covering receipt, custody and disbursement of cash and other financial information).
- Advice the business on changing macro & micro economic indices and contemporary financial regulations as may be applicable to the business.
- Ensure appropriate working capital is available to run day to day activities of the business.
- Ensure proper reconciliation of sales proceeds and implement necessary controls to ensure sales proceeds are fully remitted to the company accounts.
- Regularly carry out reconciliations/ oversee regular reconciliations of all bank account and ensure timely resolution of all reconciling items.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in an audit or core finance role with at least 3 years in management capacity.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Banking or Finance or related discipline from a reputable institution.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation and persuasive skills.
- High levels of initiative, self-motivation and energy with an ability to work well within a commercial team.
- Highly organised with an ability to work effectively to meet deadlines. A high attention to detail with an ability to follow through on commitments.
- Membership of the ACCA, ICAN, CIS or any other related professional qualification is required.
- Good knowledge of financial reporting and analysis.
- Knowledge and experience of fundraising finance practice.
- Knowledge of capital markets, accounting and business finance
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 18th August, 2021.