Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Manager
Job Requisition ID: R-50512
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Job Type: Full time
Background & Purpose of the Job
- Effective Liquidity, foreign exchange and commodity backroom operations management are critical to ensure the safeguard of Unilever’s financial assets.
- This role is involved in the Treasury operations for Unilever Nigeria and the role is to oversee the day-to-day Treasury and commodity hedging operations and be the lead for upcoming Treasury projects.
- The role will also oversee the management of the Pension funds for the Business as well as the insurance activities for the Business and its assets.
- The role will also be focusing on managing the Liquidity and Foreign exchange requirements for the business in addition to running the back-office operations in addition to managing and maximizing the Tax liabilities for the Business.
- Lead and work with Regional / Global Treasury to ensure adequate facilities are available to meet existing and future business funds requirements
- Responsible for administer role for Bank related systems
- Co-ordinate and ensure documentation in place to transact with Banks (facilities letter, documentation, director’s resolution etc).
- Develop and maintain effective operational network with key Banks/Financial Institutions to ensure smooth operations and harness opportunities
- Ensure accurate and timely internal reporting for both statutory and internal reporting of the Treasury function. These include:
- Managing CapGemini (offshore Accounts team) for Treasury outsourced activities
- Analysing and ensuring timely completion of Treasury reports (FX exposures, currency trends, Cash Forecast, actual cash flows; hedging requirements).
- Reviewing journals on Interest charges, bank charges, Unilever Finance International (UFI) sweep and fund transactions, Loans, FX differences arising out of settled FX contracts, settlement of payments and collections, revaluation & mark to market on open FX contracts
- Ensure Unilever’s financial assets are safe guarded with proper planning of short-, medium- and long-term cash requirements. This includes funding requirements and maximizing long term returns on excess liquidity.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings or increase returns on excess cash.
- Reviews company’s cash forecast and performs an analysis on the projected vs. reported cash holdings.
- Forecast day-to-day cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment.
- Mitigates financial risks related to the interest rates on the foreign exchange positions
- Propose Forex strategies and exposure limits incorporating market insights on Forex trends into hedging decisions
- Design and implement full end to end (process design, systems, accounting treatments) solutions for back-office operations on new commodities, instruments and regions.
Governance, Compliance & Documentation:
- Maintains policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury operations.
- Responsible for the Treasury Policy compliance and observing Forex limits
- Establish and report treasury KPIs
- Ensures all transactions are completed in accordance with the Schedule of Authorities and are properly documented.
Investment sub-committee and Pension Trust Fund governance:
- Deciding on the right funds in which employees can invest in.
- Organising pension trust meetings and briefing the trustees on fund performances, employee engagement etc
- Relationship management with administrator and custodian
- Reviewing the fund performance
Commodity Risk Management:
- Stabilising the existing back-office operations and setup new commodities for the back-office operations
- Ensure compliance and controls are in placed in the back-office operations
- Graduate calibre candidate who is CIMA/ACCA/ICAN certified
- Minimum of 7 years work experience with at least 2 spent as a team lead
- Financial Management
- Tax Accounting
- Treasury Management.
- Strong SAP Knowledge
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills
- Confident communication.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities.
- We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
- At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey