Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trade Service Professional
Job Req ID: 22509963
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Job Family Group: Operations – Transaction Services
Job Family: Transaction Capture Services
- Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility.
- It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business.
- Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
- The Trade Service Professional is an entry level position responsible for providing analytic and administrative support to traders, in coordination with the Transaction Capture team.
- The overall objective of this role is to maintain position records and provide support with processes surrounding securities.
- Provide support for Treasury and Trade Services, Securities, Cash, Trade, Lockbox, Derivatives, Fund Services, Foreign Exchange, etc.
- Execute transactions including cash transfers, maintain records, reconcile and review requirements for new products, and technologies
- Conduct quality reviews and ensure that production systems publish the appropriate information
- Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of customer reports, including regulatory / market requirements, new product presentations, etc.
- Process various transaction services tasks related for respective products under general supervision and assist new team members
- Assist with compliance of procedures and control activities as required
- Open and amend Letters of Credit (L/Cs), process payments and solve customer issues to ensure efficient daily operations
- Process evidence and entries of the day-to-day ledger, control and process investment fees, and custody and trust accounts
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- First Degree in any discipline.
- 1 year of experience in a related role
- Previous experience that provides a basic knowledge of the organization and its policies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail and intermediate problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate issues and identify and solve problems
- Ability to work under pressure and manage to deadlines
- You’ll have strong communication, planning and organisational skills which will benefit you and the team.
- Our teams need individuals who can research, process, and interpret large amounts of information everyday which will allow you to make ethical decisions with integrity:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran