International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 400,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world’s most advanced servers and supercomputers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technology Partner Architect
Req ID: 406842BR
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Position Type: Professional
Employment Type: Full-Time
Contract Type: Regular
Travel Required: Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
- The Technology Partner Architect is a technical sales role that utilizes technical expertise and plays a key contributor role in IBM Partner Ecosystem, a key growth engine for IBM.
- The Technology Partner Architect creates and maintains the trusted advisor relationships with partners to drive successful outcomes.
- The Technology Partner Architect participates in strategic technical discussions with partners and helps shape their technical agenda towards IBM’s Growth Offerings.
- The Technology Partner Architect leads technical efforts and collaborates internally across IBM’s technical experts to identify components and design winning solutions based on IBM Technologies.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Technology Partner Architect, you will:
- Develop broad-ranging expertise across the IBM technology portfolio to support your assigned partners,
- Own the technical relationship with partners and work to establish a reputation as a trusted technology expert, and shape partner’s technical agenda toward IBM’s Growth offerings,
- Drive partners to adopt IBM technology as the basis for solutions and as part of their reference architectures,
- Enable partner’s technical capability both pre-sales and delivery to ensure productive use of IBM technology,
- Collaborate with IBM technical specialists to identify components and design solutions for partners and clients,
- Work closely with the sales team and provide technical expertise to ensure the business objectives are met.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering,
- Good knowledge of container technologies (i.e., Red Hat OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker, and others),
- Experience in Technical Sales or equivalent role is an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the IT industry,
- IBM Selling Profession Certification is preferred,
- Good knowledge of IBM Hybrid Cloud, IBM Middleware, IBM Data, AI, and Automation Technologies,
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Architectural Thinking,
- Design Thinking,
- Developing Applications and Architecture,
- Project Management,
- Strong Oral and Written Communication, and Presentation Skills,
- Creative thinking and Problem-solving skills,
- Business Development and Relationship Management,
- Leadership and Management skills,
- Apply IBM Mission / Vision / Strategy / Organization.