Tomsey Engineering and Services International Limited is an indigenous company incorporated in 1992 to provide Engineering, Procurement and Construction services to the Nigerian Oil and Gas, Power, Petrochemicals, Government and Industrial sectors. The company has a pool of experienced engineers who have acquired over 20 years experience individually in engineering design, construction, fabrication and maintenance services. The qualities of our services attest to their skills and capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Safety Engineer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- To be responsible for Technical Safety services, preparing technical safety workshop documentation, reports, and reporting to the Technical Safety Manager providing support in process engineering, project documentation and reporting, and project monitoring
- Regularly review templates for all services such as HAZID, HAZOP, QRA, BOWTIE, SIMOPS, Risk Assessment, and other services as may be required within the scope of Technical safety services rendered by the company
- Review clients’ technical documents submitted for Technical Safety Studies in preparation for various workshops
- Performs core process design activities, review engineering process documents and carry out technical review of third-party service providers activities as may be required
- Regularly seek new business opportunities in technical safety services
- Liaise with DPR and other relevant government agencies to obtain information that would enhance increased revenue from technical safety
- Continuously seek and obtain information from various stakeholders in the oil and gas sectors on planned Technical Safety services requirements.
- Prepare pre-workshop packages required for technical studies workshops
- Prepare reports as may be required for all workshops and studies carried out for our clients
- Serve as Scribe for client’s Technical Safety workshops as may be assigned
- Contribute and participate in technical safety workshops (HAZOP, HAZID, Company technical audits and quality reviews, etc.)
- Work with the HSE team in various Operational HSE case development, Technical Safety Audits, Accident Investigation, and other areas as may be directed
- A Graduate of Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of Second Class Upper preferred
- 1-3 years post-university experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent Oral & Written Communication Skills
- Analytical, creative, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Versatility in engineering codes and standards as it applies to design, fabrication, construction, operations
- Great Research skills and Teamwork
- Attention to details, thorough and organized.
- Ability to understand and operate Technical software as may be required
- Basic understanding of process design in the oil and gas industry
- Advanced proficiency in the knowledge of Microsoft Office tools – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline 13th September, 2021.