eHealth Africa (eHA) designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Project Manager
Category: Software Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time (National Employee)
Purpose of the Position
- The Technical Project Manager will work with the team to develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development life cycle;
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code;
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions;
What You’ll Do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Leads development teams, establish development standards and Agile software development practices.
- Collaborates with product and project management, Quality Assurance, Support, Marketing, and executive management to ensure the development team meets software release schedules, goals, and objectives.
- Ensure that project initiatives and tasks are prioritized and being executed according to project schedules and technical best practices.
- Maintain an understanding of current technologies, their trends, business strategies and capabilities, and their implications on the current environment.
- Strong skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through the direct management of others.
- Monitor ticket queues to make sure work is not sitting unassigned or staying at an in-progress state for times that violate SLAs.
- Effectively communicate on the development and operational support work status and priority setting.
- Participate in the design, development, and integration of systems and solutions to support business needs.
- Facilitate the development and documentation of business processes and assist in driving the formulation, scoping, and development of overall technical/ business solutions.
- Identify and document gaps between current and future business processes.
- Leads in performing feasibility analysis considering technical, infrastructural, organizational and economic aspects to alternative solutions.
Application & System Support:
- Apply technology to business processes with the goal to optimize, leverage, and standardize the use of business systems.
- Collaborate with the internal project team to resolve identified issues.
- Ensure that troubleshooting is conducted from the Run Book. The Run Book should be constantly referenced and updated.
- Support and improve the tools for continuous build and deploy, automated testing, logging, security, monitoring and release management from development to production
- Performs a Technical Lead role on assigned projects and ensures compliance with Project Management methodologies.
- Leverage Scrum and Kanban Agile development practices.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. English is the spoken and written language
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executive and senior managers, employees, the general public and clients/partners
- Be hands-on and actively review code alongside the team, with time balanced between development, code review, and management.
- Assist in building continuous integration systems.
- Participate in architectural and code reviews
Who You Are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Technology, or other related field or equivalent years of education and work experience or any related field.
- Experience with building enterprise-scale, distributed, high-performance, mission-critical software applications is required.
- Experience building and managing large development organizations to deliver enterprise-scale software application projects which are innovative, timely, well-planned, cost-effective, and based on sound IT principles is required.
- A strong technical background and the capability of understanding the complete RITE Solution Suite landscape including data, integration, applications, and infrastructure is required.
- Knowledge and expertise in the development of software using different technologies, delivery models, processes, and controls.
- Minimum of 7years of software development and delivery experience, 5+ years in a lead architecture role, 7+ years as a delivery manager with a proven track record of on-time and on-budget delivery of enterprise-scale software applications, 5+ years working with blended onshore/offshore development and QA teams.
- Hands-on experience in applying Lean/Six Sigma to software development metrics.
- Experience managing continuous integration with test automation.
- Fluent in software developments and architecture paradigms and techniques, with the ability to provide the best mix of these techniques with high quality, scalable, flexible, and reliable solutions while keeping up with the Company’s growth.
- The ability to assess and learn new technology quickly and capability to adapt rapidly to changing business requirements are required.
- Experience with business rules management systems and decision engines is a plus.
- Deep technical knowledge of databases, distributed networks, a modern programming language such as Java, device integration, security, and application integration technologies
- Experience with technology systems, informatics and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated executive/managerial skills, including experience managing complex programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex budgets, develop staff, and work with executive management on both short and long-term strategic planning.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively communicate via writing, public speaking and interpersonal interactions.
- Strong analytical thinking, problem-solving, and organizational skills, with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to relationship-building for the Company, both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with clients/staff of diverse cultural, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply