ZOLA Electric is the leading renewable energy brand in Africa, helping customers to light their homes, power small businesses, stay connected and expand opportunities for work and study. We are a growth-stage start-up that’s on track to light a million homes in Africa with clean, affordable solar energy. ZOLA Electric combines Silicon Valley technology with local expertise to offer African homes and businesses a long-term solar solution to an unreliable grid.
The company was founded in 2012, and investors include Tesla, Vulcan Capital, DBL Partners, Helios Investment Partners, EDF, Total, and GE Ventures. ZOLA Electric is a recipient of the UN Momentum for Change Award, the Zayed Future Energy Prize and is a member of the Global Cleantech 100.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Operations Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are looking for a Technical Operations Manager with strong communication skills and the ability to work well within a global team.
- If you are successful, you will play a critical role as a member of the technical operations unit in our Nigeria office.
- The Manager, Technical Operations develops and manages Zola Electric’s field installations, technical operations, and field services function in Nigeria.
- The role is perfect for the experienced technical manager with a self-starting attitude, attention to detail and experience developing systems and processes.
Development of the Systems and Processes:
- Develop installation, start up and commissioning practices and methodologies for Zola’s hybrid solar energy systems, in cooperation with engineering design team
- Train and develop junior and senior technicians on these processes, with a strong emphasis on quality, customer support and integrity.
- Provide feedback on product performance to product management and engineering teams
- Evaluate and report on team output and performance metrics on a regular basis
- Work with logistics teams to develop a system of daily project inventory management and reconciliation
- Document, Implement and manage best practices in health and safety
- Develop a practice and mindset of constant improvement
- Develop and implement a process for managing tools, equipment and vehicles assigned to the team.
- Other projects and initiatives necessary to develop and manage the technical operations department
Efficiently Manage Technical Field Operations:
- Work in accordance with HSE standards and best practices and ensure safety of employees and customers is the top priority.
- Manage daily and weekly team schedules to organize installation and field service tasks as delivered by the operations team.
- Ensure accountability for material inventory checked out to teams
- Work with customer service scheduling to achieve customer field service execution targets on budget.
- Ensure teams manage tools, equipment and PPE ensuring all equipment is well maintained and safe. (ordering, new, cost)
- Ensure execution of efficient operations for maximum team productivity.
- Work closely with functional managers, especially in customer care, scheduling, logistics and supply chain
- Manage the daily activities of team leads and technicians
- Work with internal and external experts to develop, document and implement a quality assurance program that includes quality standards, auditing practices and ongoing quality training for technical installations
- Set performance and quality standards for installation work, safety, field services tasks, inventory reconciliation and reporting.
- Report on quality assurance success.
- Manage the recruitment of resources across multiple geographies in collaboration with the CPO and Human Capital Department
- Seek consistent feedback to drive improvement in employee retention
- Develop a professional development program for each subordinate
- Manage the administration of direct reports through the approval of leave, subsistence and travel expenses.
- Manage the performance of direct reports, ensuring agreement of annual goals, measuring performance against agreed goals and dealing with areas of non-performance
- Input into the development of succession plans in collaboration with the `managing director or direct supervisor
- Lead, coach and mentor direct reports to foster development of Core Competencies necessary for success
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering
- 5 years experience in electrical systems installation, commissioning and/or service.
- 3 years’ experience working in the field in West Africa.
- Create, maintain and champion best practices in installation, field service and customer support
- Knowledge of and responsibility for quality assurance best practices
- Knowledge of project management principles
- Experience managing material and equipment inventory and reconciliation of inventory
- Experience developing and managing daily and weekly operations schedules
- Experience installing and commissioning complex electrical projects.
- 3 years minimum managerial experience, including hiring, developing and firing of direct reports.
- 2 years’ experience directly interfacing with customers and providing in home/business customer support
- 2 years’ experience managing quality standards
- Previous health and safety training and certification Experience hiring, training and managing electrical technicians and engineers
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply