Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technical Officer – HTS
Position Reports to: Senior Technical Officer HTS
- The HTS Officer will ensure sustainable, high quality and client focused targeted HTS, as well as linkage to ART, PrEP and other prevention services. This will be provided in line with national requirements and standards.
- S/he will support to ensure un-interrupted supply of commodities and develop strategies to strengthen referrals between facility and community based HTS points and the relevant health facilities for appropriate referral of clients.
- Lead in the coordination of community and Facility based HTS for the target population interest with the states.
- Work to establish and strengthen effective referral linkage within facility and community-based HTS.
- Collaborate with state reference laboratories to implement proficiency testing and other diagnostic quality assurance.
- Produce and ensure timely submission of monthly program activity reports for data triangulation with M&E unit of the project.
- S/he provides HIV testing to priority populations according to the national HIV testing protocols and guidelines
- S/he ensures that HIV testing quality assurance practices are always performed at all times according to the national requirements.
- S/he establishes and strengthens good working relationship with other implementing partners and stakeholders.
- Assist in developing M&E prevention tools related to HIV testing
- Coordinate mapping of community and facility services and the development of referral directory (including spoke, PMTCT site).
- Coordinate capacity building activities such as HTS, PNS, IPV, adherence counselling and behavioural change initiative for providers.
- S/he performs any other duty as assigned by the State Team Lead.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Public Health, Health Sciences, Sociology, or related Health, Medical, or Social Science discipline; Master’s-level Degree preferred.
- Good strategic and analytical thinking and ability to interpret public health and epidemiological data
- Familiarity with USAID regulations is desired.
- Minimum of at least three (3) years of experience in design and implementation of HIV testing services for community and health facilities
- Computer proficiency skills in Excel, Word processing. Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Technical Officer – HTS” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as One Single Word document
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Application Deadline 1st September, 2021.