Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
In Nigeria, SI supports Navanti to implement the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Support Activity which provides comprehensive MEL and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) support to strengthen USAID/Nigeria’s results for increased learning and accountability and contribute to implementation of its Country Development Cooperation Strategy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Leader, Agribusiness Evaluation, Nigeria
- The primary purpose of this mid-term performance evaluation is to determine whether the assistance provided by USAID/Nigeria through the Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity is meeting the stated development objectives, and to understand the lessons learned from this particular Activity in Nigeria. It is intended to provide an independent examination of the overall progress and accomplishments of the Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity.
- The estimated start date will be October 1, 2021 . The evaluation is expected to last until January 2020, and the estimated LOE will be 55 days. Travel to Nigeria for the month of November 2022 is preffered, if feasible.
- SI is seeking a Team Leader who will be responsible for coordinating the activities of the evaluation team.
- The Team Leader will be working alongside three team members: Senior Agribusiness Specialist, Agricultural Economist and Evaluation Specialist.
- Finalize and negotiate with USAID/Nigeria the team’s work plan.
- Establish assignment roles, responsibilities, and tasks for each team member.
- Ensure that the logistics arrangements in the field are complete.
- Take the lead on preparing, coordinating team member input, submitting, revising and finalizing the assignment report.
- Manage the process of report writing.
- Manage team coordination meetings in the field.
- Coordinate the workflow and tasks and ensure that team members are adhering to the schedule.
- Ensure harmony within the team.
- Serve as the primary interface with USAID/Nigeria and serve as the spokesperson for the team.
- Debrief USAID/Nigeria as the evaluation progresses, and organize a final debriefing.
- Serve as the primary interface with USAID/Nigeria for the submission of draft and final reports, and deliverables to USAID/Nigeria.
- Make decisions in conjunction with USAID/Nigeria about the safety and security of the team.
- Keep USAID/Nigeria apprised of progress challenges, work changes, team travel plans in the field, and report preparation via phone conversation or email at least once a week.
- Assume technical direction lead, as required, in order to ensure quality and appropriateness of assignment and report content.
- A graduate Degree in Development Economics, Public Policy, Economics, Business Administration, Agriculture, or a related field.
- Previous experience working in Africa.
- Experience facilitating and providing leadership in collaborative and participatory evaluations with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to produce preliminary and final reports on time.
- At least ten years of experience assessing or evaluating USAID-supported agricultural policy, finance and investment, and agricultural value chain activities.
- Previous experience serving as an evaluation Team Leader on a USAID-supported agriculture-related and/or access to finance activity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Candidates are reviewed on a rolling basis, early submission is recommended
Application Deadline 15th September, 2021.