The Riverbank School – We are committed to raising God fearing Child leaders who would aim for excellence in all their endeavor. We offer a Christian and family approach to care and education that will ensure full academic potential is realized in every individual child.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Teacher
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Class Teacher
- To foster the participation of pupils in the social and academic processes of the school
- To enable pupils become more independent learners and help to raise the standard of achievement
- To promote the aims and objectives of the school and maintain its philosophy of education.
- To support pupils learning activities, attend to additional learning needs and help in development
- Contribute to the management of pupils’ behaviour both in and out of the classroom
- Support the use of ICT
- Log in homework books
- To be an effective model for pupil behaviour
- To assist in carrying out schemes of work and programmes set by teaching staff
- To help with the care, health, wellbeing and support of pupils
- To maintain good order and discipline among the pupils, safeguarding their health and safety
- To organise and manage groups or individual pupils ensuring differentiation of learning needs, reflecting all abilities
- To plan opportunities to develop the social, emotional and cultural aspects of pupils’ learning
- To participate in staff meetings as required
- Assist in the maintenance of the environment for staff and pupils
- To assist in the presentation of displays
- To support the lead teacher with routine administration
- To assist in ensuring that school policies are reflected in daily practice
- To support pupils in their individual learning and development
- To help develop their literacy and numeracy skills and thus to improve their attainment across the curriculum
- To help with classroom resources and records
- To contribute to planning, evaluating learning activities and recording pupils’ progress.
- To promote the welfare of children and to support the school in safeguarding children through relevant policies and procedures
- To recognise health and safety is a responsibility of every employee, to take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with the Schools Health and Safety policy and any school-specific procedures / rules that apply to this role
- Participate in appropriate professional activities
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations as directed
- To continue professional development, maintaining a portfolio of training undertaken
- To maintain confidentiality, child protection procedures and policies
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with children from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds
- To promote equality as an integral part of the role and to treat everyone with fairness and dignity
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education or equivalent
- PGCE / PGDE, NCE, Montessori Dip. or any relevant additional qualification is an advantage
- A minimum of 1 year experience Teaching
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Suitability to work with children.
Deadline: 31st May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.