Hello Products is an African healthcare company based in Lagos, Nigeria and a member of Jagal investments. We develop, manufacture and distribute a range of high quality personal and home care brands that support healthier life and safer homes throughout Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax & Treasury Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for keeping the business compliant with local, state and federal tax regulations and laws to avoid liabilities.
- Application of tax laws and regulations to develop and establish policies that will legally minimize tax liabilities of employees and company with a bid to increase employee morale and company profit performance
- Advise management on the liquidity situation of the company, gearing level and structure of the cost of funds and thus ensuring adequate proactive planning for short-term liquidity and long-term solvency.
- Assess, monitor, plan and manage working capital & cash flow to ensure liquidity for the business to meet her short-, medium- & Long-term obligations.
- Forecast daily cash requirements and execute daily financing decisions.
- Ensure profitable short/medium term investment of surplus funds at minimum risk and with the objective of easy divestment, while at the same time identifying borrowing opportunities in the financial market that are cost effective.
- Assess investment performance benchmark and recommend changes to investment policies based on market conditions.
- Perform estimations, analysis, planning, and research, and oversee tax audits.
- Establish seamless processes for tax management
- Continually scan the business environment to take advantage of government tax policies that benefits the business in tax planning.
- Fully responsible for providing information on tax matters for inclusion in the Board packs.
- Contribute fully and provide all data used in determining the yearly premium for HPL.
- Full responsibility for following up with the insurance brokers for prompt collection of all valid claims to maximize profits.
- Monitor and ensure verification and accuracy of all bank charges, income from investments and ensure that golden circle limits set for each bank is observed.
- Manage appropriate accounting procedures and processes for finance income, investments and periodic IFRS 9 impairments.
- Monitor import documentation process to ensure that target lead times are achieved and ensures duty and other charges are paid promptly to minimize port clearance delays.
- Ensure minimal exposure to fluctuations in forex by type of foreign contracts and financing.
- Responsible for compliance with CBN’s exchange control guideline on documentation of Form M and A, LC and Bill of Entry and direct remittances.
- Preparation of monthly cash flow forecast and Treasury report for HPL.
- Manage and develop direct reports.
- Keep in close touch with executives of financial institutions and monitor the performance of Banks and the company’s exposure to each bank and ensure that the company’s fund and facilities are not put at risk.
- Maintain close contact with the forex and money markets to keep abreast of trends and developments regarding the interplay of interest rates, forex rates and purchases/utilization.
- Project a positive image of HPL and sustain the confidence of the financial community in the company’s ability to maintain its credit rating and professionalism.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance.
- 6 years working experiencein Banking & Finance AND FMCG.
- Commercial Exposure.
- Accounting & Audit Skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relation and negotiation skill.
- Knowledge of the Nigeria financial market.
- Externally oriented.
- Sound analytical skills and business knowledge.
- Possess self-confident and high integrity.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Willing to adapt quickly to quick changes in direction.
- Knowledge of HPL accounting system is essential.
- Knowledge of procure to pay process, policies and tool.
- Knowledge of internal controls on account payables (AP) processes.
- SAP experience and proficiency in Microsoft office tools.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply