Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Talent Attraction Manager – Africa
Job Requisition ID: R39936
Job Type: Full time
- Are you experienced in developing Talent Attraction strategies and excited about how this supports the Business Strategy? In addition, are you an outgoing, positive, and service-minded person with positive energy who desires to make a difference consistently?
- As the Talent Attraction Manager for Africa, you will drive and own attraction, sourcing strategy, and plan and execute employer branding activities in the region.
- At Maersk we have a vision that’s larger than the ocean: to be a true integrator of container logistics connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain through global end-to-end solutions.
- We count on our people to make it happen.
- You will have an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and collaborative environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development in a truly global organization.
- Generate brand recall for Maersk as an Employer of Choice by setting up strong and long-term talent attraction strategies catering to varied talent segments.
- Develop metrics and evaluate the effectiveness of various attraction tools/Channels.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert within Employer Branding by providing knowledge on best in class; Provide thought leadership and recommendations around branding strategies, external benchmarks, best practices and innovative solutions to support the business.
- Plan and execute diversity & Inclusion activities related to Talent Attraction & Acquisition.
- Participate in global COE projects and are responsible for deployment within own region.
- Safeguard and ensure global COE policies and guidelines are being adhered to.
- Serve as Sparring partner for Hiring Managers/ Talent Acquisition Specialists regarding sourcing channels.
- Identify improvement opportunities in current talent attraction processes/tools.
- Plan and execute employer branding activities such as career fairs, social media campaigns etc.
- Serve as focal for early careers recruitment in the region.
- Own the Maersk Brand Ambassador network for Africa.
Key Requirements for the Role
- 3 years minimum experience in communications and branding.
- Solid experience developing and implementing strategies for Talent Attraction within a global and complex environment.
- Knowledge of the Talent landscape and general trends across Africa
- A proactive, ‘let’s get it done’ attitude geared towards continuous improvement
- Flexibility and adaptability to operate in a fast-paced environment, taking ownership and setting directions with minimal guidance
- Collaborative working style, fostering cooperation and teamwork to find solutions
- Structured working style and focus on delivering results as per agreed timelines and scope.
- Fluency in English (French preferable) and be a solid communicator.
- Demonstration of an up-to-date knowledge of emerging and best practice in talent attraction.
- Work Experience in large international organizations and ability to navigate complex stakeholder matrix.
- Ability to build strong relationships quickly, and leverage those relationships to drive results.
- Ability to effectively engage and mobilise diverse stakeholders
- Maersk offers exciting career opportunities in a truly international working environment. When you join Maersk, the world becomes your workplace. A career at Maersk means working in a culturally diverse, performance stimulating environment.
- You’ll be part of a rich heritage and an exuberant logistics company that aims to be an inspiring and challenging place to work.
- You will feel the diversity and dynamics of our international business from day one. We commit to providing the best possible development and career growth to all our employees through various face to face and digitalized learning to develop future capabilities.
- Energizing and pioneering – this is an environment that keeps you motivated. When you join our team, you’ll join a fast-moving, values-based work environment where you can grow on the job, tap into industry-leading talent development initiatives, and broaden your world view through our international opportunities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply