Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: System Engineer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Installs, configures, and tests operating systems, application software, and system management tools. Ensures the highest level of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Evaluates the existingsystemsand provides technical direction to IT, support staff.
- Overseeing the development and installation of new networking and computing infrastructures
- Selecting the best possible solutions using knowledge of a wide range of available technologies.
- Monitoring systems in the existing network to ensure there are no productivity setbacks
- Installing and configuring operating systems and application software.
- Implementing best practices for system security and data backups
- Provide clear goals for all areas of a project and develop steps to oversee their timely execution
- Be proactive about challenges or constraints within a project and seek to manage them accordingly
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower, and time necessary
- Assist other department engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
- Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- Establish milestones for necessary contributions from departments and develop processes to facilitate their collaboration
- Anticipating potential issues or bottlenecks and identifying possible solutions.
- Troubleshooting and resolving all technical issues when they arise.
- Communicating effectively with IT support staff to ensure the setup process runs smoothly.
- Liaising with vendors and keeping relevant stakeholders up to date with developments.
- Work closely with engineering professionals within the company to maintain hardware and software needed for projects to be completed efficiently
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 4 – 6 years experience in a similar role.
- Professional experience and a high-level understanding of working with various operating systems and their implications
- proficient in data architecture and programming
- Performance tuning of application stacks viz. Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX
- Good cloud experience especially in AWS (amazon web service)
- Experience with virtualization viz. VMware, Virtual Box
- Network experience viz. TCP/IP
- Experience developing engineering applications for a large corporation
- Demonstrated project development and leadership skills
- understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Professional work experience in team building and project managing
- Advanced education and application of business analysis techniques and strategy
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their tailored CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Applications should be sent no later than 3pm on Monday 7th June, 2021.
- Any application received after this will be automatically rejected
Application Deadline 7th June, 2021.