Schneider Electric – As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software. Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy, while using less of the common planet.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Req No: 008291
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Category: Logistics – Supply Chain
- An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain Manager. The successful candidate will manage, develop, and oversee the Supply Chain function within the Nigerian & Sub-Sahara African regions whilst maintaining strong cross-functional relationships, ensuring and maintaining a customer-driven ethos and continuously improving our total cost of acquisition performance.
- The role encompasses responsibility for Project Resale materials & services, Non-Project purchasing, Logistics, management of Facilities and other functional areas as required by the business.
- An important element of the role will be formulating risk management strategies and participating with stakeholders to review and mitigate risks within the business.
- The role is designed to offer development opportunities, place the employee at the heart of strategic initiatives and provide exposure to other business disciplines.
- Provide leadership to the procurement team based in Africa including mentoring, skills development, career progression, and day-to-day operational guidance.
- Manage logistics and inventory in line with Project requirements to minimize cost, increase efficiency and reduce obsolescence.
- Manage Warehouse functions as necessary to optimize service to internal customers and ensure compliance with health and safety rules.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements including import/export tariffs and documentation, trade compliance, customs, and revenue.
- Manage and undertake expediting activities across all third-party and inter-company supply chains.
- Management of the Facilities function including all third-party contracts to provide adequate protection.
- Management of other functional areas as required by the business which may include Quality, HSE etc.
- Promote integrity, professionalism, and adherence to Schneider Electric ethical standards.
- Drive continuous improvement in all areas of supply chain activity and participate in improvement initiatives throughout the organization.
- Drive and ensure compliance with all regional and global policies, procedures, and quality accreditations.
- Issue Requests for Quotation (RFQs) as necessary to support project pursuit opportunities.
- Perform bid analysis and make recommendations in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Leverage global supply chain resources and knowledge to deliver best-in-class solutions.
- Manage inter-company purchases in line with corporate objectives.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Business Administration or Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a senior position with responsibility for procurement of:
- Indirect and MRO materials including professional services.
- Project resale materials and services.
- Capital goods.
- Sub-contract services & out-sourcing.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a materials management role including responsibility for inventory and stock control.
- Knowledge and experience of facilities management preferred.
- Strong knowledge of procurement practices, regulations, and policies.
- Strong knowledge of contract types, contractual terms and conditions, and experience in negotiating and developing contracts with suppliers.
- Experience in operating within a cross matrix organization advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- English fluency to business standard-essential.
- Demonstrates SE Core Values
- Project management and problem-solving skills with ability to demonstrate a track record of achievements to date
- A good team player with a passion for excellence and driving improvements. Is customer-focused and has a sense of urgency to resolve issues timely and effectively.
- Ability to demonstrate effective contract and agreement negotiations.
- Experience in international sourcing and development of global supplier relationships.
- Good track record in managing and leading teams.
- Strong team player with experience of participation in cross-functional team improvement activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organization and across all disciplines.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment, demonstrate confident decision making capability and achieve credibility with colleagues at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to make decisions and manage time effectively.
- Sound understanding of other business functions, particularly Project Management, Tendering, and Finance.
- Experience in using integrated ERP systems including procurement tools such as SRM.
- Schneider Electric believes in rewarding and recognizing employees who contribute to the success of the Company.
- We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners.
- We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th August, 2022.