Owens and Xley is a business consulting and advisory company. We offer strategic services in the areas of business advisory, business development and planning to small businesses that would otherwise not have access to the technical competencies available to bigger companies.
We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs, and the initial capital challenges faced by small a business, which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that the small business owners still have access to the technical skill but at a fraction of the cost. We aim to help entrepreneurs and small business owners get better business results with less cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supermarket Manager
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure the supermarket is ready to trade by inspecting the environment, POS, generator, checkout/payment points, delivery items etc.
- Develop the merchandising layout
- Ensure the store is well managed by inspecting involvement of cashiers and shelves
- Liaise with CEO and finance to develop revenue and other financial target
- Collate daily sales report from the accountant
- Ensure excellent service is delivered to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Review reports from staff and identify challenges
- Resolve customer complaints in a timely manner
- Liaise with HR to hire, train, and oversee new staff
- Create business strategies to attract new customers, expand store traffic, and enhance profitability
- Ensure the store complies with health and safety regulations
- Prepare detailed reports on buying trends, customer requirements, revenue, profits.
- Ensure cash is banked on time as specified by the company’s policy
- Inspect the activities of the security officers and cleaners
- Ensure all company policies are obeyed while carrying out assigned functions
- Train staff to improve performance to meet sales objectives and client satisfaction
- Provide leadership to the staff to enable effective and consistent sales behaviours that supports customer engagement
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Qualifications / Skills
- BSc / HND in Business Administration or related field
- At least 4 years ‘working experience in a retail environment or related field
- Ability to draft written sales reports of daily/weekly/monthly.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency and accountability.
- Strong leadership and customer management abilities.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with sales software
- Customer service-oriented with in-depth knowledge of basic business management processes
N150,000 – N180,000 Monthly.
Application Deadline 29th December, 2022.