Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Information Advisor
Reports To: State Team Lead
- The Strategic Information Advisor will support the RISE project on all SI related implementation and data management.
- S/he will provide technical assistance and capacity building to the SI team and its stakeholders in the development of and implementation of data analysis, use, and dissemination strategy.
- S/he will additionally design strategy and activities to improve capacity on triangulating data from multiple data sources to inform policy and decision-making.
- S/he will contribute to the design of robust, user-friendly, high-quality interfaces for data visualization and data dissemination to enhance district-led and nationally supported evidence-based programming for improved understanding of HIV burden across interventions (95-95-95 cascade).
- S/he will additionally provide technical assistance to design and implement strategy to build capacity of M&E systems to oversee data quality and data use for decision making (including capacity building of M&E staff).
- Provides technical support for the collection, analysis, triangulation and interpretation of data and the calculation of programmatic, surveillance, demographic and epidemiological indicators;
- Oversee real-time data use including weekly, monthly and quarterly data review meetings; implement remediation efforts that address identified gaps and challenges for project overall and at state level
- Participates in the organization and facilitation of subnational performance review meetings;
- Support the provision of training, supervision and mentorship to strengthen for M&E/SI and data quality improvement
- Participates in the organization and facilitation of seminars, brainstorming workshops and workshops within their field of competence, whenever this is required;
- Oversee the development of data analytics to monitor cascades of care, programmatic pivoting, and key and priority populations. Analyze progress to target continuously to ensure activities are on track
- Strengthen the use of data at state and facility level for program monitoring and improvement
- Support the process of validation and triangulation of data between multiple data sources.
- Prepares periodic reports of activities; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Epidemiology and other related fields with 7+ years of experience in monitoring and evaluation in international development.
- Familiarity with USAID/PEPFAR HIV/AIDS programs, Nigerian public sector health system and HIV/AIDS response.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, SPSS, STATA, Epi Info and/or other analytic software and to provide evidence-based recommendations accordingly.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of GIS and other tools to support geo-spatial display of data to target program interventions and resources.
- Core Strategic Information experience, conversant with MER indicators, data collection, analysis and data visualization using DHIS, NDR, LAMIS, PowerBI etc.
- Demonstrated ability to be the technical specialist and as the lead subject matter expert in monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in building capacity for generation and use of SI.
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats including visualizations.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Nigerian health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting and use of data.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the Position Title and Location e.g. “Strategic Information Advisor, Taraba” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Application Deadline 1st September, 2021. (COB)