Medison Specialist Women’s Hospital – A specialist Hospital located in Lekki, Lagos. We offer specialized care in OBSTETRICS,GYNECOLOGY AND IVF.
Our inpatient and outpatient specialties provides clinical expertise in Obstetrics and Women`s Health. Our hospital has been consistently growing over the past few years.
Our hospital provides for both consultant-led and midwifery-led deliveries, having a 10 bedded ward to facilitate this.
The Hospital also has a large outpatient department for all areas of its clinical expertise, to facilitate continuous care or simpler procedures.
We are currently recruiting Staff Nurse/Midwife. For this post, you will be responsible and accountable for the provision of high quality care within the hospital setting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions.
- Act as a role model, assisting colleagues to develop advanced knowledge and skills in order to benefit the treatment and care of patients in the Obstetrics & gynecology Department
- Ensure patients privacy and confidentiality
- To be responsible for the day to day shift co-ordination of the ward, providing nursing leadership, guidance and expert clinical advice.
- Chaperoning and assisting medical staff Carry out observations, investigations and treatments as required
- You will be expected to take charge as per service needs and coordinate between two wards as required.
- Working within the Gynaecology team you will provide high quality care to all women who attend the department
- You will work alongside Consultants and colleagues within the service and will communicate effectively at all levels within the multidisciplinary team.
- Ensure equipment is in good working order to maintain accurate records of patient care.
- Provide patients with information regarding the management of their condition
- Ensure correct labelling and transport of specimens
- Maintain stock levels of supplies / equipment
Administrative duties as required
- To carry out nursing duties as requested by senior staff
- To act as a role model and ensure quality care is given.
Skills and Experience with valid professional registration PIN,
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be willing to provide care to women undergoing all surgical procedures relating to women’s well-being.
We recognize and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, fairness, trust and treat one another as valued member of staff.
As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values. You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
Hours: per week – flexible shifts on internal rotation, Long days/nights & weekends
(Cover for out-patient clinic 8am-5pm)
Salary: (dependent on candidate’s experience)
Benefits: We’ll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of hospital facilities for acute medical conditions, Annual leave and excellent career progression pathway.
Qualified and interested person should send their CV to [email protected] using NURSE/MIDWIFE as the subject of the email
Once you are shortlisted, a date for interview will be communicated to you via email address given in your application.