George Houston Resources Limited – Our client, a leading 3-star Hotel located in Yaba, Lagos, is recruiting suitably qualified & experienced candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sous Chef
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Industry: Hospitality Sector
- Provide an efficient and positive culinary experience to guests, creating ‘Ambassador Moments and leading to total guest and company satisfaction
- Second in command for the Galley operation
- Constantly analyse quality and cost of food production to ensure budgets are met
- Ensure safe food handling practices are enforced at alltimes
- Have an open door policy for all F&B colleagues to ensure effective communication that allows colleagues to raise any concerns or issues they face
- Ensure all F&B colleagues working schedules are issued fairly and in line with Hotel Policies and rest hour requirements
- Conduct regular team meetings to allow colleagues to provide feedback and offer suggestions in improving team morale and working practices
- Lead by example by ensuring all company polices and procedures are always adhered to
- Provide a positive working environment by ensuring all colleagues are treated fairly and equally
- Lead and support a multi-cultural team, ensuring colleague satisfaction, productivity and retention
- Ensure food production follows the standards outlined in the Hotel Operations Manual
- Conduct random spot-checks and food tasting at various food preparation stations to ensure standards meet Ambassador Cruise Line requirements
- Spot-check all venues serving food on a daily basis ;
- Monitor all food orders to ensure portion control chart is followed at all times
- Monitor cleanliness of all galley areas by conducting daily inspections of all areas to ensure hygiene standards are maintained in line with company procedures and Public Health standards
- Ensure maintenance reports are compiled and faults recorded and followed up
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by Executive Chef.
- Candidates should possess an HND qualification in Hospitality Management / 2-year Degree from an accredited University in Culinary Arts, Hotel & Restaurant Management
- Flexibility – must be able to work various times of the day, remain calm under pressure and have a can-do attitude
- Guest and service focused with a positive personality and professional attitude
- Ability to be on feet for long periods of time
- 4 years culinary experience in similar position
- Fluent in English – must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Age: 25 – 35 years.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Sous Chef” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Candidates must reside in Yaba, Fadeyi, Mushin, Onipan, Anthony, Obanikoro, Ojuelegba, Lawanson and its environs
Application Deadline 6th December, 2022.