Youverify is a leading provider of digital identity management and supports innovative Private security companies, Government agencies, FinTech companies, and top tier banks manage KYC, AML in a safe and regulatory compliant manner.
Youverify’s mission is to be the most reliable source of identity, address and background data verification. Since been peer-selected by cohort members of Village Capital PayPal Fintech 2018, Youverify has continued to shift the verification landscape with our product offerings. As a company that provides modern and compliant identity and address verification services for government, global enterprises and start-ups, Youverify knows first-hand how difficult it may be for businesses to verify the identity of their customers, staffs and partners and we want to help to make this process as simple and easy as possible. This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast-growing and product driven environment using new technologies and frameworks as we continue building our identity verification solution.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer (Backend)
- We are looking for Software Engineers to join the Technology team to build the next-generation applications to solving complex problems and work with a world-class engineering and product team to deliver innovative products for our users.
What a typical week may look like at Youverify:
- Design and implement new features and enhancements using NodeJS
- Fix bugs assigned during the sprint planning process
- Debugging and Improvement of existing systems
- Expand our micro-services architecture
- Management of all 3rd party tool relationships and integrations from a technical aspect. i.e. SMS providers, Email, APIs, Finance tools, Marketing tools, Business tools, AWS etc.
- Design, innovate and solve complex problems inherent in operating a high scale classifieds platform
- Play a key role in reviewing and approving the work of your peers as part of the software development process
- Interact with product owners, partners and business stakeholders to understand and develop requirements
- 4+ years’ experience working with NodeJS
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Comfort working within agile methodologies and experienced in estimation and time management
- Intermediate understanding of unit and integration testing, and testing frameworks/libraries — Mocha, Jest etc
- Strong preference for test-driven-development (TDD) and understands its importance
- Strong ability to problem-solve, debug, and understand pertinent performance metrics
- Familiarity with containerization infrastructure (Docker), Caching (Redis), API gateway (KrakenD), orchestration (Kubernetes), Distributed tracing (Jaeger), Service mesh (LinkerD) and observability
- Knowledge of microservices (or SOA), Docker, and/or distributed systems.
- Good working knowledge ofNoSQL systems (MongoDB, Elastic, Cassandra), Relational Database Systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle), Messaging Systems (RabbitMQ), Kafka
- Experience with managing and deploying applications on AWS/DigitalOcean/GCP.
- Experience having worked with at least one Web Framework for your language of choice
- Comfort and familiarity with code editor and formatting tools
- Familiarity with at least one web server technology — (ex: Apache, Nginx)
- Working knowledge of at least one CI/CD tool — Jenkins, Travis CI, Circle CI, Github Action
- Working knowledge of gRPC and protocol buffers
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV including link to your GitHub Profile and Portfolio to: [email protected] using “Software Engineer – Backend” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 25th September, 2021.