Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a result-oriented Social enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) Officer
Location: Benin, Edo (MSION Field Offices)
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Programme Operations
Job Category: Programme Operations
Job Status: Interviewing
Reporting to: Regional Manager
- The role is an SBCC role with access to support, demand generation and creation of enabling environment for MSION project with support of the regional manager and operations unit.
The role holder will be responsible for:
- Leading the development of demand creation strategies
- Leading the demand generation drive on MSION project
- Lead on advocacy and engagement with External stakeholders, Religious/Traditional leaders, Police and Media
- Development of effective marketing materials that provide excellent information in an appropriate format, promoting MSION’s brand and boosting client numbers.
- Clear communication to the whole team on progress against strategy and lessons learned.
- Leading in CBO management on the MSION project
- Designing and delivering effective training to CBO and partners.
- Creation of an enabling environment for program sustainability
About this Role
- This role is part of the Programs Operations Team responsible for the leadership of all demand creation activities and CBO management on MSION project.
- Working closely with RM&E, Clinicians (SCTO/CTO/CSP) and reporting to the Regional Manager, Strategic Communications and Marketing Director, the SBCC Officer analyses the behavior of MSION’s existing and potential clients and develops cost effective strategies and action plans to ensure value for money on all demand creation activities through the network of MSION’s demand creation team and partners.
- The post holder is required to demonstrate initiative, energy, persistence, results orientation, drive, integrity and discretion, enthusiasm, and commitment to personal development in the excellent delivery of work against these responsibilities.
- The role also contributes to furthering MSI’s Vision: to create A WORLD IN WHICH EVERY BIRTH IS WANTED and its mission of ensuring the individual’s right to: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE.
Lead CBO Management:
- Identify CBOs and other relevant bodies and partners for demand generation in the community
- Develop and implement a robust capacity building plan for CBOs, Town announcers, WDA, WDC, and Youth Champions (YC)
- Lead the implementation of a robust communication strategy for effective sensitization and stigma reduction in the communities through effective stakeholder engagement
- Stakeholder mapping and operationalization of the plan for effective engagement
- Ensure the full implementation of MSION’s community engagement strategy across channel of operation.
- Training of CBOs
- Post-training support and supervision
- Monitoring of demand generation activity
- Stakeholder meetings and documentation
- 30%-time allocation
Lead Demand Creation and Marketing:
- Articulate a clear demand generation (DG) strategy specific for channels of operation
- Clear on-going analysis of the market, by segment, location, accessibility to promote products on the project.
- Ensure effective mobilization of client to providers.
- Ensure effective contact center marketing
- Responsible for achieving on target numbers service uptake on the project.
- Identify hot spots and strategies for engagement to increase PAC
- Support activities of the demand creation team (CBM WDA etc)
- Create clear strategies for adolescent engagement and stigma reduction.
- Ensure complete referral and service uptake at facility level.
- DG strategy articulated for Channel
- Monthly activity work plans
- Report of technical support to demand generation agents and YC – monthly
- Monthly documentation of success story/HIS
- Number of engagements on contact center
- 30%-time allocation.
Advocacy and External Engagement:
- Periodic sensitization with Police at Divisional and local level on SRH with support from RM
- Engagement with Traditional and Religious leader to create enabling environment for program implementation
- Engagement with media for positive insight on project with support from RM
- Identify media personnel for training.
- Engagement with State MoH, other relevant line ministries and attend TWG meetings with support from RM
- Enhance Visibility for MSION
- Database of key stakeholders
- Quarterly activity report with Traditional Rulers and Religious Leaders
- Monthly documentation of success story/HIS
- Sensitization of Police Officers
- Monthly activity report with Police
- 25%-time allocation
- Ensure data quality check and timely reporting.
- Data spot check and validation
- Ensure effective referral tracking.
- Track inreaches and service uptake at facility level
- Track referral to contact center.
- Prompt submission of monthly and quarterly report
- Monthly data spot check
- Referral tracking
- Inreach monitoring
- Monthly activity report
- Number of engagements on contact center
- 15%-time allocation
Qualifications and Training (Essential / Desirable):
- First Degree in any discipline
- Effective Communication and management skill is an added advantage
- Prefered Skills
- Flexibility to operate in a changing environment and strong change management skills
- High Decision and initiation skills
- Technologically driven.
- Personal Attributes
- Strategic thinker, excellent analytical and effective communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and management aptitude in leading diverse teams remotely.
Experience (Essential / Desirable)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in strategic communications
- Ability to establish and maintain contacts with senior-level government officals.
- Remote work and remote teams’ management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively (both written and orally) across levels.
- Cross-functional team player.
- Experience in CSO management and effective planning and engagement
- Demonstrate great advocacy skills and community engagement.
- Knowledge of donor contract requirments for budgeting and reporting.
MSION Behaviours / Core Values / Statement – Team Member Behaviours:
Work as One MSI:
- You contribute, use, and share accurate data and evidence to improve understanding, insight and decision-making across MSI, enabling us to maximise our ability to influence others.
- You share relevant knowledge, expertise and resources to strengthen teamwork and prevent duplication of effort.
- You actively work as part of a team, providing support and flexibility to colleagues, demonstrating fairness, understanding and respect for all people and cultures.
Show courage, authenticity and integrity:
- You hold yourself accountable for the decisions you make and the behaviours you demonstrate.
- You are courageous in challenging others and taking appropriate managed risks.
Develop and grow:
- You seek feedback to enable greater self-awareness and provide the same to others in a way which inspires them to be even more effective.
- You manage your career development including keeping your knowledge and skills up to date.
Deliver excellence, always:
- You strive to consistently meet and exceed expectations, putting clients at the centre of everything, and implement smarter, more efficient ways of performing your role.
- You build and maintain effective long-term working relationships with all stakeholders, and are a true MSI ambassador.
- You inspire individuals and teams, through situational leadership, providing clear direction.
- You are aware of emerging developments in our sector, demonstrating strategic insight about our clients and business and encourage this in your team.
- You articulate a vision of the future which inspires and excites others.
- You seek and provide opportunities which motivate team members, helping to develop skills and potential whilst strengthening our talent and succession pipeline.
- Mission driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice not chance.
- Client centred: We are passionate about our clients and dedicate our efforts to delivering agreed objectives to the highest possible quality.
- Accountable: We are accountable for our actions and take responsibility for everything we do to ensure long term sustainability and increased impact.
- Courageous: We recruit and nurture talented, passionate and brave people who have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: We particularly encourage applications from women as they are currently under-represented within MSION at the management level
Application Deadline 28th December, 2022.