Nigerian Breweries Plc is the pioneer and largest brewing company in Nigeria. We are the home of great brands, with products formulated and brewed under the highest quality standards and procedures. Our rich portfolio of quality Lager, Stout, Non-alcoholics and Spirit make us stand out. From our first champion, Star Lager Beer to our youngest gems, we ignite memorable moments that bring us together and create unforgettable bonds. They help make the world a little better… one day, one beer, one cheers at a time!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shift Manager – Brewing
- We are offering an exciting opportunity to join our Supply Chain team as a Shift Manager Brewing.
- The Shift Manager Brewing is responsible for ensuring that the safety agenda is implemented in area of responsibility (Brewing and Utilities), managing the entire process with the aim of reaching the planned quantities and production quality and improving the key performance indicators while striving for continuous improvement
Roles & Responsibilities
- Creates and maintains a safe environment according to the applicable statutory, HEINEKEN and local regulations, policies and procedures.
- Effectively manages the brewing/utilities process and realizes the production plan by ensuring optimal engagement of people and oversees the interfaces with other production processes and sections.
- Manages assigned project by developing an accurate plan, defining clear scope while allocating sufficient resources to achieve specific goals On-Time-In-Full (OTIF) and within budget
- Plans and deploys resources (people, materials, process and equipment) to meet customer needs safely whilst excelling at quality and balancing costs
- Produces and reports data in an accurate and timely way; analyzes and interprets this data and effectively communicates it to relevant stakeholders, in order to facilitate optimal decision taking
- Sustains and improves product quality and process conditions in the brewing and Utilities, in compliance with the HEINEKEN and local quality standards, regulations and procedure
- Ensures the execution of the CIP activities to support proper hygiene standard. Also supports delivery of the maintenance plan, and controls the delivered maintenance services to the production assets
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 2nd Class upper or 2nd Class lower in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Pure Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science and Technology, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Biotechnology and Biological sciences. A masters degree offers an added advantage.
- Experience in change management and process improvement activities, designing scalable solutions and implementing these at pace and at scale
- Passionate about innovations in CVE and product development or design.
- Experience with managing and leading multi-cultural teams for high performance
- 4+ years of experience in a Manufacturing/Production environment preferably Brewing department or its equivalent.
- Membership of Institute of Brewing and Distilling professional organization/body is an added advantage.
- Management of Brewing and Utilities Processes
- Management of Production Processes
- Change management and process improvement
- Digital TPM, Agile, Virtual Support
- Communication & Interpersonal skills
- Team Management & development
- Management of Maintenance Processes
- Financial Planning and Value Creation
- Project Management
Why Join Us?
- Attractive remuneration and benefits.
- Paid time off
- Employee mental health assistance programme
- Medical insurance for employees, spouses and children.
- Life insurance
- Vehicle insurance
- Attractive pension scheme
- Grants for car ownership
- Flexible work arrangement
- Free onsite crèche
- Recreational facilities e.g. swimming pool, tennis court.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Embracing and celebrating diversity is core to Nigerian Breweries’ purpose of “brewing the joy of true togetherness to inspire a better world”.
- We believe that people as diverse as our brews – including and not limited to gender, ethnicity, age, religious beliefs, nationality, social background, disability and thinking style – enrich our lives and strengthen our business.
- We welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates as we champion a culture of belonging that provides fair and equal opportunities for all