AB Microfinance Bank is a national microfinance bank licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), with its head office in Lagos and branches spread across Lagos, Oyo, Ogun, Ondo and Anambra State. AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria is committed to its passion of helping to improve the business opportunities of entrepreneurs by availing them of easy access to affordable loans, as well as improve the general financial status of everyone with its deposit accounts. It is a limited liability company duly incorporated in Nigeria under the 2002 Companies and Allied Matters Act, and is regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria as a fully fledged microfinance bank.
The Bank has an exceptional group of very strong international shareholders committed to the task of improving access to financial services in the country. These shareholders are Access Microfinance Holding AG of Germany, KfW – the German Development Bank, the African Development Bank, and the International Finance Corporation of the World Bank Group. Together, they have an established record of setting up and managing microfinance banks across the African and Asian continents in such countries as Nigeria, Tanzania, Liberia, Zambia, Rwanda, Madagascar, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan,Georgia and Brazil.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Developer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos (Head Office)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Establish architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing software systems
- Demonstrates critical understanding of technical architecture, data architecture, infrastructure, and IT operations
- Identify the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements contained in a system specification.
- Record software architecture in a software architecture document using use cases and the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Support operations teams to ensure that our business services are performing optimally.
- Ensure system integrity, availability and confidentiality of all in-house solutions
- Deliver enterprise architecture that ensures business continuity of bank operations
- Be a key player in business process re-engineering within the department
- Design innovative solutions to real market problems.
- Work closely with product and marketing managers, user interaction designers, and other software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones
- Maintain and evolve software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements and industry trends and technologies.
- Analyze risk and report problems in meeting system requirements.
- Provide supporting information to the engineers to aid in the creation of a system specification.
- Assist Software Designer/Implementers with the creation of detailed software design specifications.
- Develop architectural solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Update knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications
- Develop tactical tool in order to streamline or bring more efficiency within processes
Necessary Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of B.Sc / HND in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline with cognate experience
- At least four (4) years of professional experience in a similar role and operational environment
- At least two years of UML experience (Unified Modeling Language).
- Good knowledge of Object-oriented Programming languages and relational database.
- Reliable team player with effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills and process-oriented approach to work.
- Self-starter, self-managed and able to work under stress to meet deadlines
- Collaborative, consultative and customer-oriented approach.
- Fluent English, both in writing and orally.
- A TOGAF certification (or equivalent certificate) would be an asset.
- Experience in API development, mobile development and object-oriented programming.
- Knowledge of Software Development Process, Software Requirements, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software/System Documentation, Software Testing
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems.
- Experience in implementing operational automation.
- Documentation skills for operational processes and procedures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV as an attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Failure to comply would disqualify your application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 10th June, 2022.