Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands. We run news platforms and social channels and marketing and production in four countries – Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Senegal.
We are the platform leading in reach – with over 100 million users and over 100 million video views on our own channels per month. We’re also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media reach and 360 degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Reporter, Business Insider Africa
- We’re looking for a Senior Reporter with a solid editorial background cutting across business, finance, economics, technology and startups, who will be responsible for executing editorial strategy and producing exclusive stories for Business Insider, one of the fastest-growing news brands in the world. This role will be based in our Lagos office.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Produce highly engaging and monetizable original content for Business Insider Africa – editorial, social and video formats
- Ensure accuracy, consistency with the BI brand voice, and adherence to BI editorial & SEO guidelines
- Contribute to the editorial planning and strategy execution for the BI website & social media pages, ensuring that complex topics are broken down into a variety of formats that readers will want to read and share
- Quality control of content published on the website – story authenticity, fact-checking, spelling, grammar, style – and complying with all relevant copyright laws
- Work with top-level contributors and source interviews, profiles, and features with high-level executives for exclusive stories
- Identify opportunities for partnerships and work closely with the Sales team to close deals for Business Insider Africa and execute related client projects
- Develop strong, trusting relationships with all relevant stakeholders and partners, both internal and external
- Maintain industry best practices and stay keyed into trends and the competitive landscape to ensure we’re always innovative
- Act as an ambassador for Business Insider Africa and represent Business Insider Africa at industry events, panels, and other key events and discussions in the wider journalistic and business communities
- You may be required to source and work with contributors and freelancers for more stories and other content for Business Insider Africa
- Prepare weekly traffic and other performance reports and actively identify and implement strategies to increase the readership and reach of Business Insider Africa.
- Liaise with Tech & Product Teams on the back-end and front-end on updates, mobile development, and CMS changes
Desired Skills & Experience
- An excellent editorial background and experience working at a digital publication
- Experience covering/ writing on business, finance, economics, technology, and startups
- In-depth and practical knowledge of the new media landscape
- Great ability to break down complex topics and make them interesting, relatable, and easy to understand
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong business acumen to drive partnerships and revenue generation for Business Insider as a product
- Reliability and efficiency in a fast-paced environment
- Great relationship-building and networking skills to cultivate a high-level network across industries and secure interviews
- Great interviewing skills and feels comfortable talking to high-level executives
- Passion for producing exclusive stories with deep analysis
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply