The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
To drive quality and engender global best practices in HIV and TB care and treatment, IHVN is seeking for qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer, Prevention Care & Treatment
Location: Central Office, Abuja
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Prevention Care and Treatment (PCT)
- Performance review through program and data analysis with immediate feedback to appropriate staff of the department for prompt follow up.
- Collaboration with PCT and Strategic Information department to address identified challenges.
- Program quarterly, semi-annual and annual report writing.
- Writing continuation applications and grant proposals.
- Abstract and manuscript writing of program implementation.
- Providing technical support for multidisciplinary HIV/AIDS care and treatment, working clinicians and health facility-based site teams to implement care and treatment services especially in adult antiretroviral treatment.
- Meeting project management, financial reporting, and program area performance measurement requirements.
- Providing capacity building, mentoring and hands-on supervision of doctors, pharmacist, laboratory scientists & nurses on HIV Counseling and Testing, care and treatment.
- Attending and making presentations at scientific meetings.
- Reporting all activities to the Director/Head, Prevention Care and Treatment Department.
- Adhering and abiding by the ethics and code of conduct of the Institute.
- Actualizing various strategies at the national to facility-level according to the program component area.
- Executing component area strategies through mentoring, supervision and technical assistance to local partner’s in-country.
- Participating in United State Government, Federal Ministry of Health, and other external partner technical meetings, as assigned.
- Attending technical, expanded leads, program area, departmental and regional meetings.
- Providing feedback, progress update, performance achievement, and analysis as required.
- Carrying out any other duties/ assignments as directed by the Director Clinical Services department.
- A University Degree in Medicine with an MPH or related Master’s Degree.
Prior Work Experience:
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years professional level experience managing public health and health delivery with emphasis on HIV care and treatment.
- She/he must have experience working with PEPFAR funded care and treatment program.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and grant writing and in the design, implementation, and management of care and treatment programs.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong program narrative report writing and grant proposal writing skills.
- Ability/capacity to develop and design TBHIV, care and treatment strategic plan.
- High quality narrative report writing and understanding of project management principles.
- Good inter and intrapersonal communication skills.
- Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure to meet organizational targets/goals.
- Proficiency with data analysis including use of RStudio and other data analysis software is a requirement.
- Familiarity with PEPFAR electronic reporting platforms like NMRS and NDR.
- Good communication (oral and written) and facilitation skills with proficiency in the computer programming – Word processing, spreadsheet, presentation skills are required.
- English language (high proficiency in verbal and written expression).
- Familiarity with the broad range of data analysis applications/software, manuscript and grant writing and TBHIV, care and treatment issues.
- Understanding of the major issues affecting HIV care and treatment with in-depth knowledge of the implementation of care and treatment programs in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Deputy Director, Human Resources” via: [email protected]
Application Deadline 11th June, 2021.