J3 Holdings is a diversified conglomerate with a wide range of first-rate operations in various sectors of the economy. These include real estate development and management, facility management, land sales, loans and investments, trucking services, supply chain management, courier services, poultry farming, among others. From our headquarters in Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria, our businesses cater for every member of the society irrespective of their socio-economic class. We are passionate about excellence and this is evident in our products and services. J3 Holdings is people oriented and provides employment, directly and indirectly, for thousands of talented people across its various businesses thereby sustaining the livelihoods of tens of thousands more across the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Legal Officer
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Supervises junior legal officers and other staff providing legal support work.
- Assigns and reviews the work of junior legal officers while providing training, advice, guidance and direction on legal matters.
- Plans, organises and prepares the work programme of the Legal Services of J3 Holdings.
- Represents J3 Holdings in court and before other tribunals on the more complex legal matters.
- Reviews legal/court documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Advises on the more complex legal issues related to the administration, interpretation and enforcement of laws pertaining to the operations of J3 Holdings
- Participates in and/or supervises the review of existing legislation, rules, and regulations pertaining to the Ministry and recommends / formulates appropriate amendments.
- Reviews systems and procedures and recommends or devises strategies/mechanisms to improve the effectiveness of legal services delivery.
- Leads or participates in negotiations/consultations with external/internal parties.
- Prepares Notes, memoranda, letters, and other documents on legal matters.
- Drafts the more complex legal documents including contracts, leases, and agreements.
- Reviews systems, policies and procedures and makes appropriate recommendations to improve productivity and quality service.
- Confers with relevant official of J3 Holdings /Departments and attends meetings to give professional legal advice.
- Prepares and/or reviews legal opinions.
- Represents the J3 Holdings on committees and in meetings and others.
- Participates in or supervises the preparation of instructions for submission to state central legal agencies on legal matters involving the state.
- Participates in or supervises court case preparation work such as interviewing witnesses, taking depositions and preparing pre-trial briefs and preparing draft pleadings for filing.
- Supervises the conduct of research and analysis on legal matters pertinent to the J3 Holdings operations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Requirements / Skills
- Interested candidates must have a Degree in Law and over 5 years relevant working experience as a PA / Legal Assistant.
- Organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- Tact, diplomacy and communication skills.
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will often be party of confidential information
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Good oral and written communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 31st December, 2022.