JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Immunization Advisor
- We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the USAID-funded MOMENTUM (Moving Integrated, Quality Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health and Family Planning and Reproductive Health Services to Scale) Round 3B, known as MOMENTUM-Routine Immunization Transformation and Equity (M-RITE).
- M-RITE’s overarching goal is to sustainably strengthen routine immunization programs to: 1) overcome the entrenched obstacles contributing to stagnating and declining immunization rates in USAID-supported countries, and 2) address the barriers to reaching zero-dose and under-immunized children with life-saving vaccines and other health services. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, and the disruption of immunization services, M-RITE will also support countries with the maintenance, adaptation, and/or reinstatement of immunization and support countries as they roll out the COVID-19 vaccine.
- In Nigeria, M-RITE will bring its expertise to strengthen national COVID-19 vaccination efforts through participation in national-level COVID-19 technical working groups and work in 5 states to support the national SCALES 3.0 strategy.
- M-RITE will support microplanning and work to build demand and acceptance for the vaccine in partnership with states to mitigate the risk of misinformation and hesitancy among health workers and other priority populations, support the design and implementation of communications and community engagement strategies to promote uptake of the vaccine and help develop and review monitoring tools.
- In addition, M-RITE will provide technical assistance to support routine immunization strengthening in 5 states, applying a co-creation approach to improve equitable coverage with a focus on identifying, understanding, and reaching zero dose and under-immunized children and communities.
Summary of Position Description
- The primary role of the Senior Immunization Technical Advisor will be to support the NPHCDA team in Nigeria and provide strategic leadership to ensure effective planning and implementation of NPHCDA priority activities.
- The Advisor will work under the supervision of the M-RITE Nigeria Country Director and will collaborate closely with the NPHCDA and SPHCDA staff and colleagues from partner organizations.
- The Senior Immunization Advisor will work in collaboration with the M-RITE team lead in Nigeria to support all aspects of the startup phase for COVID-19 vaccination technical assistance and the scoping and startup phases for the Routine Immunization technical assistance.
- S/he will oversee the work of M-RITE state-level technical teams to achieve program objectives.
- The Senior immunization Advisor will be responsible for providing technical assistance to the NPHCD, including other local partners.
- Serve as a strategic, high-level technical advisor to the NPHCDA, and technical sub-committees and working groups responsible for COVID-19 vaccination and routine immunization.
- Work in collaboration with the NPHCDA and technical partners to complete evaluations of immunization activities at the national level and in the 5 selected states.
- Provide linkages between M-RITE and local partners (NGOs, etc.) to mobilize them and provide support and technical assistance to program activities. Work with these organizations to ensure technical support at all levels.
- Support the development and submission of reports to M-RITE and partners, including regular reporting and final report.
- Remain in regular contact (by email, phone, Slack, etc.) with the M-RITE Nigeria leadership team and the M-RITE global level team.
- Under the guidance of the M-RITE Nigeria CountryDirector, oversee the state-level support and supervise the M-RITE state immunization advisors to perform the project activities at the state level.
- Work in collaboration with the NPHCDA technical working groups and sub-committees to define and implement COVID-19 vaccines, and to align state-level support to national strategies including SCALES 3.0.
- Provide technical assistance to the analysis of program performance. Collaborate with partners to collect and analyze data, monitor performance, and support NPHCDA with strategic leadership for planning and implementing corrective actions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Degree in Public Health, Nursing, or related field with more than ten (10) years of experience in public health program management.
- Strong knowledge of immunization programming, vaccinology, and maternal and child health.
- At least five years of practical experience in a senior management position and demonstrated capacity to provide strategic leadership to government and partner counterparts and at least 10 years working in public health and primary health care.
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Health structure in Nigeria plus.
- Experience working with international immunization partners, such as USAID, WHO, and UNICEF.
- Fluency in English.
- Practical experience in immunization programs, in both urban and rural settings.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter in English and a list of three referees with contact details to: [email protected] with the subject line “Country Project Director”.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity.
- We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions.
- Women are encouraged to apply