PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate – Capital Markets Accounting Advisory Services
Line of Service: Assurance
Industry / Sector: Not Applicable
Management Level: Senior Associate
Job Description & Summary
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- A career within Capital Markets Accounting Advisory Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for complex financial reporting issues around deals and other transformational events. You’ll tackle client’s needs with a solution oriented approach that creatively addresses complex financial reporting problems for high profile transactions and you’ll have significant interaction with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisers.
- To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
- As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
The Job Profile
- A career within Capital Markets Accounting Advisory Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for complex financial reporting issues around deals and other transformational events.
- You will tackle clients’ needs with a solution-oriented approach that creatively addresses complex financial reporting problems for high profile transactions and you’ll have significant interaction with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisers.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide IFRS technical accounting and business advice to a variety of clients.
- Perform IFRS compliance review of financial statements.
- Assist in capital market transactions such as reporting accountant engagements, IPO readiness assessments, business acquisitions accounting and advisory, group reorganisation and restructuring advisory, etc.
- Assist with creating content for IFRS newsletters.
- Preparation of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) financial statements for companies operating in different industries.
- Lead engagement teams on financial reporting projects.
- Provision of specialist support on technical IFRS areas including financial instruments, business combination, consolidation etc.
- Provision of accounting advice to various clients on impact assessment of the adoption of new IFRSs
- Act as an audit support consultant on financial reporting issues to audit teams on engagements spanning across various industries.
- Conversion of financial statements from previous GAAP to IFRS.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established clients.
- Supervise teams and reports directly to senior staff.
- Work and collaborate with colleagues across different lines of service on projects.
- Coach and train less experienced staff.
- A good University Degree
- A demonstrated ability to take responsibility, work autonomously and use initiative, especially when working to tight deadlines
- Strong team-working
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Good listening skill
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- Good working knowledge and understanding of IFRS (minimum of 3 -5 years working experience with IFRS would be an advantage)
- ACCA/ACA qualification (or equivalent)
- Focused and initiative driven (required to maximise growth potential)
- A passion for delivering exceptional client service
- Good analytical and organisational abilities
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Effective communication skills when working at all levels
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 13th July, 2021.