Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Administrative Officer
- The Senior Administrative Officer will be responsible for project procurement and logistics in line with USAID rules and regulations as well as Johns Hopkins University rules and regulations.
- This position will be responsible for overseeing the entire project administrative team in all its logistics, procurement and general administrative tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Advise the Director of Finance, Project Director, Technical Leads etc. and provide policy guidance and substantive inputs on general administrative, contract and financial matters;
- Provide technical oversight to the administrative team members (admin officers, assistants, cleaners, drivers etc.) in Abuja and the state offices;
- Supervise procurement of goods and services for the project according to USAID and institutional rules and regulations. Also, supervise all project transportation, the coordination of all conferences, workshop logistics and all local and international project travel;
- Oversee office inventory management of office assets in the Abuja Office and the Field Offices;
- Oversee maintenance and management of physical office space and project vehicles; including environmental cleaning, local transportation, maintenance office equipment and appliances and meeting staff office needs;
- Ensure all administrative systems run smoothly to ensure compliance and efficiency;
- Monitor administrative expenditures to ensure compliance with budgetary recommendations;
- Oversee the preparation and management of vendor agreements in line relevant policies;
- Prepare relevant administrative reports when needed;
- Develop relevant cost projections based on past records and anticipated activities and makes fiscally sound recommendations;
- Oversee the management and preparation of vendor contracts and Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
- Oversee the vender invoice processing process and resolves payment issues between vendors and the project;
- Ensures all staff adhere to the office policies and general office procedure
- Obtain quotes from local suppliers in an efficient and timely manner, adhering to USAID and JHU procurement policies;
- Other duties as identified by supervisor.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities over the administrative team that includes an Admin Officers and Assistants, Receptionist, Drivers, Cleaners and Technical oversight over the admin/finance officers in the states.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in a relevant field (Social Sciences, Humanities, other).
- 8 – 10 years’ experience on USAID funded projects programs in Nigeria. Health project expertise valued.
- Must be fluent in English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF format to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the e-mail. e.g. “Senior Administrative Officer, Abuja”.
Application Deadline 16th May, 2022.