Seed Co. Nigeria Limited is a joint venture between Seed West Africa Limited (a subsidiary of Seed Co International Limited, a public listed company incorporated in Zimbabwe and quoted on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange) and Saro AgroSciences Limited a leading Nigeria Agro Input Provider.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Seed Laboratory Technician
Employment Type: Full-time
- Evaluate germinating seeds/seedlings per established procedures/rules on standard, vigor, tetrazolium, and herbicide bioassay tests on all submitted samples.
- Review AOSA, ISTA and Seedling Evaluation references periodically.
- Troubleshoot and monitor for irregularities in seed or seedling test results, media, temperatures, equipment and facilities.
- Sending samples for further analysis to other ISTA certified external laboratories
- Organize the cleaning of the laboratory. Ensure that the lab kept clean at all times and set to the required standards.
- Any other duties related to Seed Co daily activities as may be assigned to you by your supervisor
- Ensure that the Lab Standard operating procedures are duly followed at all times.
- Reviewing seed lab Standard Operating Procedures in conjunction with your supervisor.
- Review and update standard operating procedures for germination testing.
- Conduct Moisture on all seed samples to ensure that the moisture content in seed meets the ISTA set standard for each seed variety.
- Carry out purity tests on all seed and germination material samples. This will include pest and weevil screening.
- Assist in setting up and running any other tests as requested.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with 1-2 years work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 28th October, 2022.