Relief Rescue Initiative (RRI) is a National Non-governmental organization, which is committed and active in community humanitarian and developmental projects with its presence in Borno and Adamwa states. The primary focus of RRI is on the improving and alleviating the problems of the less privileged, deprived, vulnerable group and people affected by armed conflicts in their struggle to obtain a life of justice and dignity. Areas of focus includes; food security and livelihood, Nutrition, Protection, Education, Water sanitation and hygiene (WASH), Metal health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) achieved through the implementation of projects targeted at the community level especially on the most vulnerable members of the community.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Assistant
Location: Magumeri LGA, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- The Security Assistant will be responsible for the assessments, security related guidance and enforce implementation of security policies, guidelines and procedures for the Humanitarian Response Program with the support of the Security officer
- Promoting a culture of security; security incident reporting; security guard oversight and management; monitoring and analysing the security situation in the states of humanitarian response, supporting the development and implementation of Security related Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) in Borno field offices
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
The post holder will receive a context specific ToR for each deployment, which will draw upon the responsibilities outlined below:
Programme Support (typically will be at field level):
- Report on security incidents/threats to Managment/Security officer as the case may be on a regular basis (including analysis of trends) and focal persons at the deep field level
- Effective networking with the military in the deep field
- Managing and maintaining effective use of security communication equipment in deep field locations
- Performing location assessment
- Managing and facilitating staff/partners’ movements from Maiduguri to Magumeri
- Supporting visitors with post arrival briefing in both locations
- Gathering sensitive information and intelligence in the location for Management use
- Ensure compliance of all SoPs such as movement, Curfew, staff relation-community etc
- Providing weekly situation report for the Management in in Maiduguri
- Providing monthly incident report to Maiduguri
- Managing security information and communication effectively
- Manage and supervise guard force in the locations
- Working closely with field officers and community base staff to drive acceptance of RRI programme activities
- Tactically resolving youth and community conflict that could trigger into security incident
- Providing pre-alert to Security Officer in Maiduguri on prospective security issues
- Ensure general staff safety and security in the field of implemenation
- Deploy occasional step down training on security
- Any other duty that may be assigned by RRI managment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Position applied for as the subject of the mail.
- Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document / PDF, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Application will be reviewed on rolling basis
Application Deadline 12th July, 2021.