Transnational Academic Group is owned and operated by a group that focuses on building value across three major business verticals including media, education, and information technology. The Group includes, among other interests, Global Institute Middle East FZ. LLC, CNBC Africa, Forbes Africa, Tech One Global, and SAMAA TV. Our goal is to provide contextually relevant world-class post secondary and professional education to students and organisations in Africa and the Middle East. At TAG, we develop the people who develop nations. Our Partners: Established in 2013 in partnership with Lancaster University, TAG West Africa operates Lancaster University Ghana. TAG Middle East – in partnership with Curtin University – established Curtin University Dubai in 2017, and Murdoch University Dubai in 2008.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Engagement and Alumni Relations Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Recruitment & Admissions
Reports directly to Line Manager: Recruitment & Admissions Manager
Job Summary / Purpose
- The position holder will be responsible for school engagement and Alumni Relations and to deliver high quality activities to attract students to Lancaster University Ghana.
- To maintain an accurate and update list of target high schools and plan and implement delivery of high-quality activities to attract students to Lancaster University Ghana through the provision of bespoke programmes and initiatives. In addition, the position holder will provide information, advice and guidance at High Schools and recruitment events to students, parents and key stakeholders.
- To maintain an updated alumni database, and develop, coordinate, promote, maintain and evaluate special events, programmes, and projects sponsored by the Alumni Relations Office, with a focus on engaging alumni through the common bonds of academic programme/department/year group.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To liaise and network with Heads of High Schools, teachers and careers professionals to develop effective relationships to meet recruitment targets.
- Deliver high quality presentations about the University and other aspects of higher education both on and off campus.
- Play active role in the organisation and delivery of on and off-campus recruitment events, such as Open days, High School competitions, Business Cup Challenge, Parents Night, EMBA events, etc.
- Maintain an accurate database of target high schools which is analysed periodically and reviewed.
- Assist in the development of and produce relevant targeted recruitment publicity materials.
- Coordinate and communicate school visits, school fairs, graduation functions, etc.
- To collect, monitor and share data on the high school engagement activities, in particular play a key role in managing the department’s target high schools plan using available data.
- Serve as the primary liaison between Lancaster University Ghana (LUG) and its alumni, providing support as needed to alumni looking to engage, support or give-back to LUG
- Lead alumni tracing and ensure accuracy of alumni information.
- Plans, coordinates, and attends events, meetings, or other activities as requested by academic units. This may also include alumni and volunteer recognition banquets, receptions, homecoming, and reunions.
- Collaborates with other office staff on programs which engage alumni through multiple channels
- Coordinates and tins volunteers who work on events, projects, and programs
- Coordinate with faculty and staff in engaging alumni in academic activities, student engagement activity and advising of university leadership.
- Develops, sustains, and strengthens alumni chapters which focus is on establishing and maintaining connections through academic/degree programs.
- Assist in content planning and creation for alumni stories, working closely with the Marketing and PR department to highlight the growing impact of LUG’s alumni.
- Develop and maintaining the school’s online alumni social networks and driving up participation across all platforms
- Coordinates and produces reports, proposals, and analyses for management, to include monthly budget to actual reviews of areas of programmatic responsibility, periodic reports to reflect relevant data gathering and analysis, and post-event reports and recommendations.
- Writing press releases relating to the school’s alumni activities for use across different media
- Corresponding with and managing requests and queries from alumni
- Maintaining and keeping up to date the alumni page on the website
- Operating an alumni magazine/newsletter
- Support the Career Services Office in identifying and communicating opportunities for alumni career success, tracking and reporting graduate outcomes
- Designing and implementing a strategy to re-establish contact with a significant proportion of the school’s alumni and record their data
- Producing an annual alumni survey to keep alumni data and records up to-date
- Maintain, amend, and ensure the integrity of the school’s alumni records database
- Identify and communicate key opportunities for alumni to give back to Lancaster University and support university excellence through fundraising.
- Provide information to alumni donors on the impact of their giving and establish opportunities to recognize and celebrate them
- Track and provide reports on alumni giving, ensuring that the potential of alumni giving is effectively leveraged in deepening the excellence of the University
- Assists in organizing the university’s corporate events & recruitment events.
- Assists in student’s recruitment and its activities
- Arranging networking event
- Communicating with university departments and local businesses to arrange benefits packages for alumni members
Support to Recruitment and Marketing Department:
- Assists in the design and/or production of marketing materials and managing the stock of collaterals
- Represents the university at appropriate recruitment and promotional events.
- Participates in all LUG events, student orientations, meetings workshops and graduations.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Organise regular feedback sessions with students
- Assists in school visits, career expos, graduation functions, educational fairs, open days, networking events and exhibitions
- Weekly updates and reports with Line Manager(s).
- Submit monthly work plan.
- Submit minutes and status reports of meetings within 24 hours.
- Submit minutes, status report and briefs on school engagement and business developments opportunities.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) / Performance Assessment Criteria
Your performance as School Engagement & Alumni Relations Officer will be assessed in consideration of the following benchmarks:
- Your contributions to the overall Student Recruitment, Marketing and Business Development target.
- Achievement of individual targets for the period.
- Evidence of continuous improvement on School Engagement & Business Development processes and procedures.
- Execution of assigned duties within timelines, while ensuring quality standards are maintained at all times.
- Development of good relationships within and outside the team, and positive feedback from colleagues and other stakeholders.
Educational / Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, Marketing, Marketing Communications, Public Relations, Social Sciences or in a related discipline.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Strong database management skills and ability to produce detailed reports
- Proven ability to develop relationships and partnership opportunities with high school counsellors, academics, students and other external partners.
- Significant knowledge and working experience in School Engagement, Marketing, Sales, Marketing Communications and Public Relations.
- Proven ability to take the initiative to develop new contacts and manage large client portfolio.
- Good understanding of Higher Education Institution needs and respond to them.
- Significant knowledge in product development and emerging market trends.
- Knowledge in proposal writing and strategy development.
- Strong report writing, facilitation, presentation skills required.
- Ability to lead and train staff and/or students.
- Ability to plan, organize, and facilitate a range of special events.
- Ability to design and write promotional material.
- Ability to plan and implement promotional programmes.
- Ability to recruit, train and motivate volunteers.
- Ability to develop, prepare, and deliver effective education programs, seminars and workshops relating to Alumni Relations.
- Ability to develop alumni chapters.
- Project Management skills.
Planning and Organizing Skills required:
- Experience of planning, prioritizing and organizing work on daily, weekly and monthly basis, individually and as part of a team, while ensuring the effective use of resources and delivering to tight deadlines.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills with experience of managing a large range of different stakeholders.
- Good project management skills.
Communication Skills Required:
- Excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent influencing skills and the ability to communicate with credibility, tact and diplomacy internally and externally.
- Good report writing skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Initiative and Problem-Solving Skills Required:
- Experience of using initiative and creativity to resolve problems, that may be predictable but not routine, identifying practical and suitable solutions.
- Problem-solving skill.
- Conflict resolution skills.
IT Skills Required:
- Strong IT skills with proficiency in MS Office suites, Moodle, SharePoint.
- Proficient in internet use.
Personality / Behaviour / Attitude:
- Person with high integrity.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Result-oriented professional and self-motivated.
- Critical thinker and good team player.
- Ability to manage and work well with staff members at all levels within the university.
- Ability to manage delicate and/or sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy.
- Commitment and understanding of equal opportunities within diverse and multicultural environment.
- Demonstrable positive attitude toward work.
- Ability to guard confidentiality of process and information.
- Ability to multitask and stay focused.
- Ability to work with deadlines.
- Proactive, assertive and innovative professional.
- Deputy Provost
- Marketing & PR Manager
- Recruitment & Admissions Manager
- HR & Administration Manager
- Marketing, Student Recruitment & BD teams
- Recruitment team in Nigeria Office
- Student Affairs department
- Registry department
- All other staff
- Applicants to LUG’s Foundation, Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes
- TAG Partners
- Parents / guardians of potential students
- Potential students
- Heads of Schools
- LU Recruitment and Marketing teams
- TAG Nigeria Team
- TAG-ME Marketing Team
- Recruitment agents
- General public
- Accreditations bodies
- Potential stakeholders.
- School Counsellors
- Private Educators Association in Nigeria
- Other universities and educational organisations
- International schools
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) together with a Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Applicants with relevant student recrutiment and education industry experience should apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 29th December, 2022.