ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access (EEA) aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reporting to: Head of Sales & Marketing
- The Sales Team Lead will be stationed in Ikorodu and be responsible for leading and managing a team of sales agents, installation technicians, dual contractors and their customers responsible for the full customer cycle I.e., sale, fulfil, maintain and recover. The successful candidate must be a detail-oriented professional with strong critical thinking skills and a demonstrated track record of effective sales work.
Key Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
- Sales Target Achievement within assigned Clusters.
- Achieve Excellent PH of customer portfolio.
- Recruitment, Training and effective Team management of Sales Team
Deliverables and Activities
Sales Target Achievement within assigned Clusters:
- Market Initiatives – Drive market initiatives to achieve and increase quality customer base in the assigned clusters.
- Market Activations – Carry out weekly market activations in the territory to generate leads and eventual conversion to sales.
- Identify Opportunities – Constantly identify opportunities for driving activation and other sales within clusters.
- Plans – Draw up weekly/Monthly route plans for the Sales Agents .
- Track Sales – Track daily/weekly/monthly sales target Vs actual with the Sales Agents
- POS Location – Collaborate with Customer Experience, Operations on viable locations for POS Expansion and management
- Product Targeting – Drive all product mix sales through the right product targeting to the right segment of the prospects/customers.
- Product Presentation – Carry out product presentations and exhibitions within assigned clusters.
Achieve Excellent PH:
- Sales Compliance – Drive sales process compliance within clusters
- Customer Visits – Carry out daily/weekly customer visitations to resolve or escalate pending issues with customer systems.
- Product Choice- Ensure the right product is sold to the right customers.
- Field Clinic- Participate in Field clinic activities.
- Overdue Customer Lists- Monitor and Share weekly overdue customer lists with the Sales Agents.
- Training- Continuous training and coaching of RPCs on God/Bad portfolios, catch up etc.
- Influence Customer Behavior- Drive the right customer behavior on payments by ensuring customers are educated on the various channels of payments.
Recruitment, Training and Team management:
- Recruitment- Regularly recruit new Sales Agents within territory.
- Commission Structure- Ensure Sales Agents understanding of commission structures (Colours) and journey with EEA.
- Reward- Design reward and recognition schemes for high performing RPCs .
- Customer Forums – Participate in customer service forums, field clinics, weekly meetings with Service Center Associates.
- Team Building – Drive #One Team goal within clusters via team building activities
- Performance Monitoring- Weekly performance monitoring of RPCs and initiating corrective actions where required.
- Meetings- Hold regular meeting with the RPCs.
- Training- Regularly train and retrain cluster team leads on sales process, Sales pitch, products, Customer Service etc.
After Sales Support:
- Overdue Customer Visits – Regularly visit overdue customers to ascertain their challenges and resolve.
- Escalate issues – Escalate lingering issues to the Head of Sales.
- Swap stocks – Deploy and track swap stocks and children in the territory.
- Repossession – Repossess product kits from fringe customers.
- Quality Check – Daily/weekly checks on quality of installations by Sales Agents.
- Identify and organise official meetings with relevant external stakeholders such as local chiefs, community leaders, government officials etc.
- May represent the business during community engagements and goodwill activities.
- Send weekly/monthly reports on sales activities within territory using approved template.
Required Skills and Experience
- B.Sc. Degree or Equivalent.
- 2 – 4+ years working in a role within a progressive sales and/or financial services environment with strong, quantifiable results.
- Experience or passion for working in developing markets.
Highly Desired Skills
- Ability to work both in teams and independently.
- Good problem solving skills (solutions oriented).
- Flexibility with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Willingness and desire to learn new ideas.
- Passionate about solving problems for customers in rural communities.
- Proficiency in English Language and 1 or more other Nigerian Languages.
- Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
- All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or. Our differences are our strengths! ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all