Sinoma Nigeria Company Limited is a Chinese construction company for EPC(Engineering, Procurement, and Construction)Turnkey projects Sinoma Nigeria Company Ltd is an affiliate of Sinoma International Engineering Co., Ltd, whose senior company is China Sinoma Group. Sinoma Co Ltd is headquartered in Tangshan, Hebei Province, with branch office(s) in Beijing, and across the world, with a Class A General Contracting Qualification, together with the authority to engage in foreign trade, import, and export.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a responsible Safety Officer to facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety (OHS) guidelines.
- You will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations. You will also be on a constant lookout for violations.
- The ideal candidate will be a responsible individual who swears by OSH regulations. Your work will be largely focused on prevention so you need to be conscientious and farsighted. The ideal candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies.
- The goal is to establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery, etc.)
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances, etc.
- B.Sc / BA in Safety Management, Engineering, or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
- Proven experience as a safety officer
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- In-depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 7th December, 2021.