Releaf invents both financial and food processing technology to increase smallholder harvest yields and create high-quality raw material supply chains for African Consumer Brands, starting in the $3B Nigerian vegetable oil market. Our first patented technology is Kraken, Africa’s first industrial oil palm nut processor compatible with smallholder varieties. We 1. aggregate smallholder crops, 2. Process them with Kraken, and sell high-quality vegetable oil to Consumer Brands.
80% of oil palm supply comes from smallholders and Kraken can process 100 metric tons per day, which is 200X faster than the predominant technology employed. Releaf is led by Ikenna Nzewi and Uzo Ayogu, who have been friends and co-founders since college at Yale and Duke, respectively. Releaf is backed by Y Combinator, Kepple Africa, Bill Gates’ Breakthrough Energy, Samurai Incubate, amongst numerous HNIs including Justin Kan, Stephen Pagliuca, Iyin Aboyeji, and Jeff Ubben.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety and Security Supervisor
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Safety and Security Supervisor will concentrate on ensuring that structures and systems for safety and security management are in place and properly utilized.
- You will provide direction and technical support in developing and maintaining Releaf’s context-specific field safety and security plans.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global team, use new technologies that will enable us to industrialize food processing in Africa.
- Supervise security guards activities at the gate and carry out constant patrol of the site.
- Communicate 24hrs security brief with guards and Civil Defence officers at the beginning of every shift
- Take the lead to implement access control procedures and enforce compliance
- Continuously communicate behavioral based safety
- Maintain accident-free workplace
- Track all safety incidence on site and communicate control measures
- Schedule weekly HSE meeting to track and report safety improvement progress
- Conduct daily safety toolbox with troopers
- Enforce adherence to safe work culture.
- Monitor supplies of raw material, cracked palm kernel (P2) and 3rd party supplied cracked palm kernel (3P2) and keep trackable records for reference to prevent theft.
- Ensures accurate weighing of supplies of all inbound and load outbound
- Monitors effectiveness of existing physical security measures including cameras and lighting.
- Implement HSE policies and procedures to maintain accident free site
Qualifications and Skills
- B.Sc Degree or its equivalent in Safety Management, Engineering or relevant certification
- Good communication skills
- Strong ownership and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and google apps is a plus.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience in relevant roles
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
N200,000 – N300,00 Monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 28th November, 2022.