Nile University of Nigeria is a fast-growing private higher education institution located in Abuja. The University was founded in 2009 and is a member institution of Honoris United Universities, the first and largest Pan African network of Higher Institutions. Nile University has over 6,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students, 38 undergraduate programs across six faculties, as well as 51 postgraduate programs across six faculties.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research & Innovation Officer
Location: Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are currently looking to engage a highly competent and result-oriented Research & Innovation Officer to join our dynamic Team.
- Assist in research trainings, research workshops, symposiums, and events.
- Gathering and compilation of research projects, research publications, copyrights, and patents, patent publications from individual faculty members and staff.
- Liaison with industries for research projects, the establishment of industrial chairs, and industrial funding for departmental projects.
- Coordinate the research grant and monitor the intime progress of it by progress report submissions.
- Coordinate with the Centre for Research Excellence (CRE) of NUN and liaison with the DVC office.
- Assist in research-related functions of DVCs’ office for liaison with external research agencies to expand NUN opportunities for research and development by establishing supportive relationships.
- Extend support to the Deans of various faculty/departments in the procurement of research software, books, and resources.
- Compile quarterly reports of research and development initiatives of various departments in ensuring continuous upbuilding of university research ecosystem.
- Liaison with the librarian to update the resources required for the university for quality research and development.
- Work for international universities and institutions’ collaborations for research and development.
- Assist in research and development collaborations with industries and stakeholders
- Conduct students’ satisfaction surveys and report to the DVCs office for continuous improvement.
- Assist in the review of the academic curriculum wherever there is a possibility for updating and improvement with faculty members.
- Update the quality of research programs, in tune with the requirements of industries and stakeholders.
- Assist the DVC in the formation of research and development committees for individual academic departments, as well as their ongoing monitoring and evaluation.
- Organize research and development meetings with individual academic departments and report to the DVC’s office.
- Preparation of materials and reports for the graduate program, faculty academic committees, and the Chair.
- Assist the DVCs office with any related duties and responsibilities that are assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of Master’s Degree / Doctoral Research Scholar
- Minimum of 4 years work experience.
- Exposure in research and academic environment, experience writing and editing, budgeting, research, and familiarity with web design platforms preferred.
- Experience with word processing and spreadsheets; networking, negotiation, public relations, creative thinking, strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, self-motivated and self-starter with strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities, required.
- Excellent computer proficiency
- Knowledge of statistics and tools of research software
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 10th August, 2022.
- Your application must include the following:
- Your current Curriculum Vitae (CV) in PDF, saved with your full name.
- A Cover Letter explaining how you meet the advertised criteria (also in PDF).
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted