The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Assistant, HIV-ST Evaluation 2022
- The HIV ST Evaluation aims to accelerate self-care revolution to de-medicalize HIV testing and prevention within broader sexual & reproductive health.
- Governments will experience how de-medicalization can relieve pressure on the health system, with knock-on effects for the broader self-care agenda. The specific objectives are:
- Catalyze a 10X growth in the self-testing market from 5M to 50M tests used a year in low- and middle-income countries by 2025.
- Link more than 2.7M HIV-positive people to treatment between 2020 and 2025 and millions more to the HIV prevention and sexual health services they need.
- To execute this project, IHVN is seeking suitable and qualified candidate to fill in the position of a Research Assistant.
Summary / Overview
- The Research Assistant: HIV-ST-EVALUATION, will take part in the research and routine analytical work in the virology section.
- S/he will be involved in administration of questionnaire, maintaining records of receipt of samples and reagents, sample inventory, and documentation of data collected.
- The Assistant should strictly adhere to ethical standards in the conduct of this evaluation and other duties as assigned by the Head of the Unit to whom she/he will report.
- Maintaining quality control standards to preserve the integrity of data and findings
- Scheduling and conducting interviews
- Getting a convenient place to conduct interviews and getting permission from all participants.
- Analyzing data using various statistical methods.
- Writing reports to summarize data and the implications of the results.
- Document all activities, results and report to Project Coordinator.
- Undertake basic administrative tasks such as filing.
- Comply with the correct procedures, policies, and health and safety regulations.
- Participate in the execution of deliverables to meet targets within agreed time lines.
- Follow methodologies and standard operating procedures in carrying out assigned tasks.
- Stay informed with the latest industry trends, techniques, and best practices.
- Degree in Social Science, Biochemistry, Microbiology or related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have participated in a research project within the past three years.
- Computer literacy and experience with data Information Systems.
- Must be from the South East geopolitical zone OR thorough knowledge of the terrain, and particularly knowledge of Anambra state will be a clear advantage.
- Must be fluent in Igbo language.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized with good time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience working with Key and Vulnerable Population is a distinct advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining their suitability for the position to the “Deputy Director, Human Resources” through this email address: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 7th April, 2022.