Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands. We run news platforms and social channels and marketing and production in four countries – Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Senegal.
We are the platform leading in reach – with over 100 million users and over 100 million video views on our own channels per month. We’re also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media reach and 360 degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reporter, Business Insider Africa
- We’re looking for a Reporter with an editorial background cutting across business, finance, economics, technology, and startups, who will be responsible for writing exclusive stories for Business Insider, one of the fastest-growing news brands in the world.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Stay keyed into trends and the competitive landscape to ensure Business Insider Africa is always innovative
- Represent Business Insider Africa at industry events, panels and other key events and discussions in the wider journalistic and business communities
- Produce highly engaging and monetizable original content for Business Insider Africa – editorial, social and video formats
- Ensure accuracy, consistency with the BI brand voice, and adherence to BI editorial & SEO guidelines
- Contribute to the editorial planning and strategy execution for the BI website & social media pages, ensuring that complex topics are broken down into a variety of formats that readers will want to read and share
- Source interviews, profiles, and features with high-level executives for exclusive stories
- Prepare weekly traffic and other performance reports and actively identify and implement strategies to increase the readership and reach of Business Insider Africa.
- Maintain high quality for all content published on the website and social channels – story authenticity, fact-checking, spelling, grammar, style – and comply with all relevant copyright laws
Desired Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable ability to break down complex topics and make them interesting, relatable and easy to understand
- An editorial background and experience working at a digital publication
- Experience covering/ writing on business, finance, economics, technology and startups
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliability and efficiency in a fast-paced environment
- Practical knowledge of the new media landscape
- Relationship-building and networking skills to secure interviews
- Great interviewing skills and feels comfortable talking to high-level executives
- Passion for producing exclusive stories with deep analysis
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply