Amvile Services Company is an indigenous company involved in the business of general contracting and supply, Civil, Mechanical and Electrical works, Transportation services, import and exports of general goods and services, man power supply, trading of all kinds of goods and services, Oil field services, Personnel Training Competence and communication services as her main stay.
We are a team of oilfield service specialists and engineers with multi-dimensional experience in oilfield services, construction and engineering projects. We understand our clients have varied needs and requirements, that’s why we offer services designed just for their peculiar needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Technician
Location: Gbagada, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- What your job role is skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, repair, installation and alteration of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and related equipment and facilities; performance of preventive maintenance and routine servicing of equipment.
Following are your job descriptions:
- You will inspect, repair, modify and install HVAC equipment including refrigeration and air conditioning compressors, receivers, condensers, chillers, water cooling towers, forced air converter units, pumps, automatic and hand valves, expansion valves and capillary tubes.
- You will conduct regular preventive maintenance inspections of refrigeration units, isolated heating and ventilating units, including boilers, gas and electrically operated air conditioning equipment, and make necessary adjustments or repairs.
- You will service and repair evaporative coolers.
- You will repair or replace defective parts in units and equipment and their controls, including thermostats, automatic switches, fan controls, log switches, damper motors, louvers, relays, filters, controls, belts, compressors, heat exchangers, high limit controls, pressure controls, safety valves, and automatic gas valves.
- You will operate a variety of hand and power tools, welder torch, vacuum pump, test equipment utilized in the trade and a motor vehicle; maintain equipment in effective and safe working condition; maintain parts and tools in inventory.
- You will repair and rebuild semi-hermetic reciprocating compressors and compressors for centrifugal refrigeration machines.
- You will install and calibrate systems; install copper tubing and repair pipes and tubing as necessary; test joints and insulate pipes of refrigeration and air conditioning systems; flush boilers, descale tubing; rebuild pressure and temperature safety valves and water pumps.
- You will install, rebuild, replace or repair fans, motors, thermostats, fuses, filters, bearings, valves, controls, gaskets and other equipment as necessary.
- You will maintain related records concerning time, labor and materials; maintain log of tasks performed and write reports as required.
- You will perform skilled electrical maintenance work in the repair, installation and alteration of HVAC equipment, components, timers, motors and wiring systems as needed; and connect motors to control panels;
- You will test and examine boiler operations, observing meter and pressure gauges; conduct boiler water quality test and treatment; adjust boiler burner combustion.
- You will lubricate and pack heating, ventilation, refrigeration, and air-conditioning motors, pumps, fans, and other equipment.
The job requires the following:
- A National Diploma or Higher National Diploma or Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. Other graduates in other Engineering fields should feel free to apply.
- Proven work experience (nothing less than 3 years, with provable results) as an HVAC Technician for residential and B2B segments of the market.
- Excellent knowledge of standard practices of the HVAC and refrigeration trade.
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, Docs, and Sheets.
- Impeccable English Language (speaking & writing) skills.
- Great communication and negotiation skills.
- Great time management and planning skills.
- Ability to work with and in an ethnically-diverse team
- Excellent knowledge of the theory of HVAC and refrigeration systems.
- Excellent knowledge of materials, methods and tools used in the operation and repair of HVAC and refrigeration systems.
- Excellent knowledge of manual and electrical tools and equipment applicable to the HVAC and refrigeration trade;
- Excellent welding and soldering techniques.
- A good awareness of Health and safety regulations in an HVAC environment.
- Basic record-keeping techniques.
- Salary: N100,000 – N150,000 monthly
- The base salary is great, and there is a commission for revenue generated
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected] using “HVAC TECHNICIAN” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 31st July, 2022.
Starting from 28th July, 2022.
- Ensure that your LinkedIn profile address is somewhere in your CV.
- State in the body of your email, why you are the best candidate for the job. Tell us about your experience and the results you achieved in the body of your email.
- Get ready to attend an interview at our offices somewhere in Gbagada Phase 1.
- As part of preparation for the interview, please get ready to discuss with us how you intend to go about building a 40-feet cold room for a client somewhere in Ajah, Lagos. Come with your prepared Bill Of Quantities and Service Charge(s).
- If you happen to be our ideal candidate, then expect to negotiate your salary and allowances. Good luck!
- The job will take you out of Lagos sometimes.
There are pool cars/scheduled flights available to aid movement in and out of Lagos